Tuxedo rental on JADE

jbm3238

We leaving on the Jade from Miami to Barcelona on the 29th - NCL says there are still 2 - 3 formal nights besides "FreeStyle". I have rented from "Cruiseline Formal" in the past and was pleased, but they don't supply to NCL anymore. :confused:

Maybe not enough need? Does anyone know of another source? I could buy one - but didn't want to have to carry it along on a land tour after the cruise.

Thx in advance.

We leaving on the Jade from Miami to Barcelona on the 29th - NCL says there are still 2 - 3 formal nights besides "FreeStyle". I have rented from "Cruiseline Formal" in the past and was pleased, but they don't supply to NCL anymore. :confused:

Maybe not enough need? Does anyone know of another source? I could buy one - but didn't want to have to carry it along on a land tour after the cruise.

Thx in advance.

You will be fine with resort casual - bring a dinner jacket/sport coat and a pair of dress pants or whatever you are comfortable in. We too are having trouble with the "what to bring" with travelling in Europe post cruise. If you do not want to attend "optional formal" night there are other restaurants you can dine in wearing either "resort casual" or jeans if you prefer. If you want the "formal picture" wearing the tux I would think your only option is to buy one and drag it along with you. :) Depending on where you plan on dining in Europe you may need a sport coat at the very least.

Come join our Roll Call - access from the main Boards - under Pride of Hawaii/Jade 2/29/08

You can even wear your Tide Detergent t-shirt and ripped jeans and sneakers. That was what turned up on our optional formal night.. and they let the guy in! :mad:

Why would you say that when you know it's not the "Normal" case - Just because it happened on your cruise does not mean its tolerated. Up and over and on with life

:)

Why would you say that when you know it's not the "Normal" case - Just because it happened on your cruise does not mean its tolerated. Up and over and on with life

:)

Shall I tell you about the guy in the yankees shirt and backwards baseball cap at breakfast in the main dining room on my latest NCL cruise? (The Crown) Or how about the barefoot folk in the buffet?

The point is.. people coming from other cruise lines don't understand that the dresscode bar has been lowered.. nearly to the floor.. on NCL. It's a shame.

Yeah, I'm up and over and on with life.. on the Windstar.. where nobody gets in to the dining room wearing ripped jeans and a Tide detergeant t-shirt!

Sorry, guess the truth hurts.

Shall I tell you about the guy in the yankees shirt and backwards baseball cap at breakfast in the main dining room on my latest NCL cruise? (The Crown) Or how about the barefoot folk in the buffet?

The point is.. people coming from other cruise lines don't understand that the dresscode bar has been lowered.. nearly to the floor.. on NCL. It's a shame.

Yeah, I'm up and over and on with life.. on the Windstar.. where nobody gets in to the dining room wearing ripped jeans and a Tide detergeant t-shirt!

I'm just glad that NCL has Freestyle dress code and we aren't forced to have to dress like snobs like on other lines......

I'm just glad that NCL has Freestyle dress code and we aren't forced to have to dress like snobs like on other lines......

NO the POINT is - the gentlemen asked about where and if tuxedos were available to rent - I did double check and he wasn't asking if he could wear torn jeans and t shirt. I think you're suffering from "apparel syndrome" The sight of someone else not meeting your personal standards is just too much for you. I cannot imagine refusing to sail on any line because one person wore clothing not approved of - yes, he should not have been admitted to the dining room, but you have no idea as to the "why" so I'm fairly certain quite a few cruisers will be happy you are taking the high priced road to Windstar. Do enjoy

Thx in advance.

Sorry forgot to post the link for the Roll Call - nice bunch of people

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=615808

M

Ah, and here we go.. with the name calling. Anyone who doesn't dress like they just came out of a homeless shelter is labeled a "snob." :rolleyes:

NO the POINT is - the gentlemen asked about where and if tuxedos were available to rent - I did double check and he wasn't asking if he could wear torn jeans and t shirt. I think you're suffering from "apparel syndrome" The sight of someone else not meeting your personal standards is just too much for you. I cannot imagine refusing to sail on any line because one person wore clothing not approved of - yes, he should not have been admitted to the dining room, but you have no idea as to the "why" so I'm fairly certain quite a few cruisers will be happy you are taking the high priced road to Windstar. Do enjoy

It wasn't one person.... that was one example. I saw crocs and rubber flip flops in the dining room, baseball caps, and other tacky and other inappropriate clothing.

Now, why are you getting so defensive? Perhaps you're one of those who doesn't understand appropriate dinner attire?

If you're one of the people who is happy I won't be sailing with you, I assure you.. the feeling is mutual. :D

It's funny. My wife gave me a white dinner jacket for our last anniversary and I was looking forward to wearing it on our next cruise. Then, we booked NCL. She says if I wear it on this cruise, people will think I'm on the staff! :) No worries...we'll just have to head to Atlantic City for a dress up affair!

Philly Steve,

No need to feel that way. The neat thing about freestyle you can dress as you feel comfortable. While we cruise resort casual on most nights, we've always taken the tux and long dress along. BTW, we don't consider ourselves "snobs" either - I don't know why someone would say that on this thread.

On the Gem cruise we ate in Cagneys and Le Bistro on Dress Up or Not nights. Funny, I was running back from 5 pm trivia and ran into a few already in tuxes in the atrium.

So if you feel like it and already have the clothes, feel free to wear it!

Also for the person going on the TA to Barcelona, I did the TA on the Gem and many nights people were dressed up. The rest were resort casual and everyone looked great. Also with more Europeans onboard, the TA's can be slightly dressier than say the average Caribbean cruise.

However, on the Jan. 16th cruise we thought everyone looked great. We just didn't run into any tie dyed tees or ripped jeans, though the guy wearing the ballcap in Le Bistro didn't add to the ambiance.

It's really wonderful NCL offers freestyle dress - you can wear jeans as well, with one restaurant designated "no jeans."

On the Gem I know that there was always a dining room that was set aside for nicer clothing. No jeans,etc. If you don't want to eat with people in attire that is not up to your idea of dinner clothes then go to the dining room for more formal and not the open attire one.

Have a Great Cruise!

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2694989760102788219avsrPO

Just under the dining listing is the dress code.

Archived