The Frenchmen Hotel, New Orleans, LA

Regina37

Hey everyone!

We are sailing on the Fantasy in July, and are having a heck of a time finding a hotel for the weekend before in New Orleans that's in our price range in the downtown area. We have located The Frenchmen Hotel through Bookit.com, but am kind of leary of it. Reviews are good, but we're still not sure. Has anyone stayed there before? If so, could you tell us about your stay?

Thanks in advance. We need feedback ASAP, as we need to go ahead and reserve it as soon as possible in that rooms are extremely limited in downtown New Orleans!

I would check with the New Orleans tourist board. We are booked in NO also in July through Book It.Com and we had a friend check out the hotel last week as they were in NO. She said it was great... We booked ours as a mystery hotel not knowing the name of it before we booked.

When in July are you going? We are going the weekend of 4th July and leaving on the Fantasy on the 7th of July. We are staying at the Drury Inn. Saturday is 194.99 ( kind of steep, I know) and that Sunday is 94.99. But it comes with a full breakfest each morning and afternoon snacks etc. It has good reviews also, and I got all the info here on the New Orleans boards. That weekend that we are going there is a jazz festival of some sort, so prices are odviously higher. We are also staying one more night after the cruise on the 12th of July. I got a good deal on bookit. com for 60.00 a night on their "mystery hotel". It ended up being the Astor Crown Plaza whick is a four diamond hotel. Hope this helps! I had so much trouble finding a place....took me forever. I am really glad I started the search early. LOL Good luck!

A couple of years ago we stayed their on a road trip back from Galveston - Spring break cruiwse. It is a comfortable hotel pretty in walking distance to Bourbon street. They offer secure parking down the street and a nice breakfast. The hotel is a older hotel with the charm of NO. We had a special rate with a coupon received at a rest stop. For the price and a one night stay it was worth it.:)

Archived