QM2 transatlantic voyage M836 Sept 21st - A Query

navylark

Hi

We have just tried to book on the QM2 for the transatlantic voyge M836 leaving Southampton on September 21st 2008 to New York

We were most surprised to find the voyage 'fully booked'.

It did seem strange to be so booked up so far ahead.

Voyages either side of that date still had ample availability.

So - does anyone know of a reason why that particular voyage should be booked out so far ahead.

Just puzzled to try to find a reason.

Many thanks

Navylark

My parents and I are on that voyage. We booked it a number of months ago. Perhaps it's full due to the October crossing being cancelled while QM2 is in drydock. I'm surprised to hear it's full. Glad we booked early. Maybe you can get on after the final payments are due at the end of June. I'd say there are some cancellations after then. Good luck!

We are also on the full 23 day itinerary.

Interestingly, the full cruise leaving NY Sept. 4 shows plenty of availability on Cruise.com but the third leg from Southampton to NY shows only Q1 and Q2 available. Could it be they are reserving the third leg in the hopes of selling more of the 23 day packages. Just a thought.

Matthew is correct. There are categories Q2, Q1 and D7 guarantees still available. The rest is waitlisted. However, there is still open available in most of the categories for the full 19 day itinerary which means there are cabins for that leg left. I would continue to check up on it often as if the full itinerary doesn't fill then they will release space again for just the one crossing. If you really want this sailing sign up for the waitlist.

My parents and I are on that voyage. We booked it a number of months ago. Perhaps it's full due to the October crossing being cancelled while QM2 is in drydock. I'm surprised to hear it's full. Glad we booked early. Maybe you can get on after the final payments are due at the end of June. I'd say there are some cancellations after then. Good luck!

I will be sailing.

Ted

Archived