Cabin change after guarantee assigned?

BaskGal

Hello! Booked a last minute cruise yesterday for this upcoming weekend on the Imagination. I reserved an Inside Guarantee and the cabin assignment was given today. Has anyone seen a GTY cabin change after it was assigned? I have never booked a GTY before. I am actually just grateful to be off sailing this week!

Thanks!

Hello! Booked a last minute cruise yesterday for this upcoming weekend on the Imagination. I reserved an Inside Guarantee and the cabin assignment was given today. Has anyone seen a GTY cabin change after it was assigned? I have never booked a GTY before. I am actually just grateful to be off sailing this week!

Thanks!

Most cruisers will get upgraded within the category they booked. By reading these boards you would think that most people get upgraded to the next category-- that is why people book inside cabins for a cheaper price hoping they get upgraded to a window.

Cruisecritic members represent less then 1% of the sailing public.

I have yet to be upgraded-- not even one deck. so today I pick my cabins.

No I haven't but some friends ASKED for a change when they checked in. The attendant told them that since the cruise was not sold out she could make a change of location, but the same cabin grade. That was fine with them since they just didn't like the location.

But actual upgrades are getting harder to come by. And if the ship is sailing pretty full you will get what you paid for - the cabin grade guarantee - and no more.

I didn't actually get an upgrade. I got exactly what I paid for, which is fine by me. There is just a little part of me that keeps out hope for an actual upgrade. Oh well, now I have to focus on packing! ;)

I'm in the same position as you...Booked last week for Fascination on 2/18, for OV GTY, got assigned a cabin two days later in that same category with no upgrade to higher deck. I was kinda a little disappointed to be truthful and like you, I am just very happy to be sailing soon, but part of me would love that cabin to change to maybe Empress Deck or something. We can both keep hoping though!! I didnt print out my luggage tags in case the cabin changes before Monday. Let's both hope for an upgrade. My daughter and I got upgraded two years ago with Inside GTY to OV 6B. I guess the upgrade fairy is just luck of the draw, I'm a platinum cruiser...but only got upgraded that one time. Good luck!! and Bon Voyage!

Island Girl

I'm in the same position as you...Booked last week for Fascination on 2/18, for OV GTY, got assigned a cabin two days later in that same category with no upgrade to higher deck.

Island Girl

Island Girl== your ship is almost sold out. Its a holiday weekend so I wouldnt expect an upgrade to be had once you get to the pier.

Island Girl== your ship is almost sold out. Its a holiday weekend so I wouldnt expect an upgrade to be had once you get to the pier.

True......... to tell the truth I didnt realize it was a holiday weekend right away, its because our anniversary is next week on Wed. so that's why I booked that cruise. Still looking forward anyway to just being on the ship and the platinum perks.....I always book at least an OV since I am very claustraphobic and couldn't be in an inside cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived