Kauai Private Guide

cruisesusie

I haven't done a private guide, but have done the car rental thing. From my point of view, the private guide might be a good option if you only have one day, since they might be able to get you into areas you can't get to by rental car. There are many areas only a 4x4 can go, or you can only get to by walking or horseback. Have a great trip. It's a beautiful island!

Island Princess Feb. 2004

Grand Princess Feb. 2002

Norwegian Sky Feb. 2001

Thanks for the reply daWoods. Since I haven't heard from anyone yet about a private guide, we'll probably rent a car. Can you recommend anything in particular not to be missed?

Thanks,

Susan icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until Our Island Hawaii Cruise

Waimea Canyon is a must see. Easily accessable by car. Go all the way to the top. The view is spectacular. In the other direction, if you've got time, the Princeville area is great, and beyond that, Hanalei. Beyond Hanalei the road is quite narrow, but worth it. The views are marvellous. The mountain they used to show Bali Hai in South Pacific is spectacular. Note the words spectacular and marvellous. Can you tell I'm a fan? icon_cool.gif

Island Princess Feb. 2004

Grand Princess Feb. 2002

Norwegian Sky Feb. 2001

Archived