New luggage tags = luggage sooner??

happy cruzin

Do the new luggage tags help get the luggage to the cabins sooner??

A recent Liberty cruiser stated that they had all of their luggage by about 3:30 :eek: . That seems much sooner than my previous cruises - is that typical now? :confused: ?

It seems to me that when your bags show at your cabin is a function of when they go on board. When I board early the bags show late... When I board late the bags appear early.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I think the folks that board early have their bags buried behind THOUSANDS of other bags. I don't think the new tags will make a bit of difference. In fact, that was my experience with them last September.

On our last Carnival cruise, my luggage had not arrived by 7 pm. I went back to the cabin to check on it and found a stack of luggage on a cart left in the hallway close to the elevator. I looked around, and saw NOBODY. My luggage was on the cart so I just took it. I didn't really want it just sitting there with nobody watching over it. My sisters luggage was at our cabin around 4 pm, and we got on the ship at the same time.

I just used the new tags and i have to so that actually, this time my luggage was a little later than usually, not that the new tags slowed them down, i just don't think the new tags speeds them up any.

AND when i did get my bag at the door, i drug it in and started to unzip it, then i noticed that the airlines tag was wrong.....upon closer inspection i founf this ws not my bag, although it was the same brand & Color, i gave it to the cabin steward ASAP, my bag arrived about an hour later.

There were a few people who did not get their luggage all week but it mysteriously appeared at the number station apon disembarking the ship. Someone had the luggage all week and did not turn it in:mad:

It seems to me that when your bags show at your cabin is a function of when they go on board. When I board early the bags show late... When I board late the bags appear early.

I agree. When we went on our very first cruise a couple years ago, we were practically the last ones to board the ship. Our luggage showed up at our cabin five minutes after we did! :D Last year we boarded with the early folks and our luggage did not show up right away.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I think the folks that board early have their bags buried behind THOUSANDS of other bags. I don't think the new tags will make a bit of difference. In fact, that was my experience with them last September.

Hey, I don't like your answer one bit (although it makes sense). We love to get there early and people watch and be among the 1st to have a DOD. We usually get ours before dinner, sometimes sailaway. But, it does sound true that the 1st ones on are buried on the bottom. Maybe I SHOULD order a rum runner for my "juice". Wouldn't want those THOUSANDS of other bags crushing my "juice" wrapped in bubbewrap in a plastic bag wrapped inside a beach towel;)

Archived