Rum Runner Purpose?

SDSUkid

Originally Posted by islahopper viewpost.gif I have been using the Rum Runner flasks for the last 2 years, I like the way they in the luggage. I really like the pocket ones, they are great for when I have visit my MIL.

I just got my 'Rummer Runner Cruise Kit' yesterday! Any tips or 'make sures' from the seasoned Rum Runner users? :D

I have ordered my rumrunners for my aged sugar juice as well.

I did see someone suggest a good idea for aged grape juice. Buy the variety that comes in the box, then wrap it up like a birthday present. Said she brings her aged grape juice this way everytime and has yet to have a problem.

Love that idea! I s'pose one could purchase sugar juice that comes packed in a box (black label? blue label?) and just wrap it up as a gift. Then if you do get busted you can claim it was from someone else and you had NO IDEA whatsoever and shame on them!!

I read a post on here a week or so ago where people gave their favorite drinks made with the juices on the lido deck. Now I can't find it! Can anyone help?

I found what I was looking for, so nevermind!! If anyone's interested, here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com:80/showthread.php?t=516778&highlight=smugglers+punch

That was probably me... I LOVE that thread! I recommend it to everyone who's interested in such a subject!!

Yes, Mach, I believe it WAS you! Maybe we should revive it, although I think all possible concoctions have been posted! I have another question to something else you might've posted. If I were to fill these rum runner flasks at home, would there be a problem with my checked luggage at the airport since they wouldn't know what percent alcohol was in them?

Carrying Alcohol In Your Checked Baggage

Please note, you can’t take alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof), including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, in your checked luggage.

You may take up to five liters of alcohol with alcohol content between 24% and 70% per person as checked luggage if it’s packaged in a sealable bottle or flask.

Alcoholic beverages with less than 24% alcohol content are not subject to hazardous materials regulations

Archived