Inter-island vs. Blue Hawaiian

ScarletKND

I'm trying to rearrange all of our reservations now that the Pride of Aloha cruise was canceled. Unfortunately, Blue Hawaiian only has a 3:30 slot for us the day we are in Kauai. Our second choice would be to go with Inter-island helicopters in the morning (they have several slots open right now). I've read that it's best to go in the morning so that you'll have the best chance of good weather. So my question is, would you pick Blue Hawiian over Inter-island even if you had to go in the afternoon?

I have done Blue Hawaiian twice on Kauai.....and once on the Big Island. I did both flights on Kauai on the last tour flight of the day.....and the weather was great..... however that can change on that Island in a minute!

I prefer the later ....last flight of the day....

As far as Blue Hawaiian vs. Island Air.....I had a bad time with Island Air once.....so I will not ever consider them again. If they are the company that flys out of Port Allen....they did us wrong once. They provide air service to several companies....one of which was a telephone company....they said we would have to wait for them to fly them to a site before us....I said we have a resv. ....... we waited over one hour past the scheduled time.....they then said ....due to weather coming in.....they have to go back and get the phone guys, and bring them back....and we would be on a weather hold......not even we are sorry.....so......I wasted an entire afternoon with them yahoos.....even wrote the company a letter upon our return....never answered.

Blue Hawaiian is only a 10 min walk from the ship....and good service from the staff and crew.

Chuck

We used Inter-Island and they were WONDERFUL. Be aware..they fly without doors....it is very exciting to say the least. I will never forget flying out over the 5000 cliffs and being able to look straight down...and we flew so close to the waterfalls that the spray covered us..it was MAGNIFICENT but not for the faint hearted.

For anyone who likes a little adventure, they would be hard to beat.

We reserved a cab at the pier when we arrived and he met us the next morning. It is about a 45 minute drive from the port to the Interisland facility but that was an added bonus. We got to see a lot of things that we would not have seen otherwise. We stopped at a coffee plantation...he took us off the beaten path (even turned off the meter to do so), and we saw parts of Kauai that you would not normally see.

The Interisland copter was the highlight of our cruise.

Blue Hawaiian was wonderful in Kauai. Their aircraft is roomy and the noise level is to a minimum. You are assigned seats, so you can't choose where you want to sit. Luckly I had a seat next to the door in the back. Our flight was for 9:30. We had a rain shower and sun. The sun formed a glare on the glass-probably the only negative to the flight. You really never know when it's going to rain or what the winds will be like. We missed out Blue Hawaiian flight in Hilo due to heavy rains. Our flight was for 10:00 so you never can tell. Good luck

Archived