Packing Pop.....

We are leaving Sun. on AOS and I was wondering if I pack a bag of diet pop would bottles or cans be better? I do not want them expolding.

We had cans and bottles and didn't have a problem with either of them. The plus with bottles is that you can see it fizzing up to explode. With cans you can't.

we are going to check them with our other luggage and want to make sure it does not explode and get all of our clothes wet.

Are you flying with the pop? If you're flying I wouldn't suggest you pack it. If you're flying then want to buy some and stuff it in, I don't think it will matter either way.

If you're really concerned you could put 2 or 3 cans in a ziplock freezer bag (or two) in your suitcase.

We are leaving Sun. on AOS and I was wondering if I pack a bag of diet pop would bottles or cans be better? I do not want them expolding.

I would advise against packing soda pop if you were flying. Wait until you're in port town and then buy the pop and throw it into your suitcase. You'll reduce the risk of the soda exploding because of air pressure differences and you also decrease the amount of weight in your suitcase at the airport.

I am a huge diet pepsi fan.... when I spent a week in Mexico a couple years ago I bought a cheep hardsided suitcase from a thrift store... I packed 24 of the 24 oz bottles. I did put some bubble wrap in it and a nice note to the airport security people explaining why I was flying with all that diet pepsi. All arrived just fine in Mexico. For cruises we usually fly in the night before and stop at the a store and pick up a couple bottles of wine and of course my diet pepsi and we carry it on the ship with us. The bottles seem to have a little more room when shook up and seem to be more durable though for flying.

Archived