Hi, guys!

*Mach*

I thought I'd stop by and say hi!

I'm Mach, the new host here at the Progreso/Meridia forum. Some of you may know me from other forums or threads.

I expect I'll be learning a lot about the ports, the tours and sites in the coming weeks. I've got two cruises book that will take me to Progreso so I'm looking forward to getting a bunch of great tips from you regulars here!

If I can be of any help with anything please feel free to drop me a note!!

Mach

Hola Mach,

Welcome!! If you need any help, like someone to carry your stuff around town, let me know. I am looking for an excuse to bo back. It must be a royal pain in the katookus to have two cruises booked for Progreso. We've been there 3 times and always find something new.

Hola Mach,

We've done a bit of cruising in the western Caribbean over the years but last week was our first time in Progreso. "Real Mexico" and we throughly enjoyed it. In fact, we're thinking about renting a place and spending a couple of weeks there later on this year.

Glad to have you on this thread as we'll be spending a lot of time here learning more about the area.:D

Tanker 4

I'm thrilled to be here!

I'm real happy to hear that Progreso is more 'real' Mexico than tourist. That's exactly what I was hoping for!

This is what Cruise Critic is all about... exchange of information! I love this place!!

:D

Hola Mach,

We've done a bit of cruising in the western Caribbean over the years but last week was our first time in Progreso. "Real Mexico" and we throughly enjoyed it. In fact, we're thinking about renting a place and spending a couple of weeks there later on this year.

Glad to have you on this thread as we'll be spending a lot of time here learning more about the area.:D

Tanker 4

Hey Tank,

Have you read my buddy Hdawson's threads? He vacations in the area on a regular bases.

Hey Tank,

Have you read my buddy Hdawson's threads? He vacations in the area on a regular bases.

Sure do. I read every one he post's. In fact, his comments about vacationing there got us to thinking about it and after we were there the other day, I understand why. Met a guy (American) who owns a business in Progreso while we were there and he's going to line us up with some realtors who handle rental units.

Sure do. I read every one he post's. In fact, his comments about vacationing there got us to thinking about it and after we were there the other day, I understand why. Met a guy (American) who owns a business in Progreso while we were there and he's going to line us up with some realtors who handle rental units.

Let me know how it works out. I might want to try this myself.

Clacky where is Hdawson's threads on Progreso ? I am going there on the Voyager of the Seas March 23rd sailing and I have never been there. I would love to do shopping here but just need to know where and how to get to do it. Thanks alot JAnice

Hola C and all. I've been under the weather the last few months. Heart bypass (second time) and hip replacement. I'll try to report back this week. By the way, neither of those surgerys are as bad as you fear. Now I can start planning my next trip to Merida.

In the mean time, take a look at some pics of Progreso, Chichen Itza and Merida. Hope this works.

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/hdawson228?backState=prevPage%3D/ap/myAlbums.do%26state%3DalbumId%253D25859.403.1066523594293.1

Also some pics of the ruins of Uxmal, a small rural town of Ticul (great market), the B&B in Santa Elana and more pics of Merida.

Enjoy.

Hola HD,

I've really enjoyed your past posts re: the Progreso/Merida area and they were very helpful on our first trip there a couple of weeks ago. Will look forward to any future info you might want to share.

Sounds like you are well on your way to becoming the new bionic man.:D Hope things continue to go well for you, and don't stop posting about the area. We enjoy the information.:)

My company, K'ab ...your helping hand in Yucatan, handles vacation rentals, tours, and fishing trips here on the coast of the state of Yucatan. You can check out our website at http://www.kab-yucatan.com We are adding new properties all the time, so if you don't see something that would suit you, just email us and let us know what you're looking for!

Great website! I've got it saved on my computer.

Gracious Amigo:)

• 2 weeks later...
Host Mach. When will you be visiting Progreso? Hope you had a chance to look at the pics I posted. I'm in the process of planning my fourth vacation to Merida and the Yucatan.

Ya' know... I haven't been ignoring you... I've been trying to get that link to work for three days now! Every time I click on it the follow on window opens up but refuses to finish loading. It locks up my browser, both IE and Firefox, so badly that I ultimately have to shut down my machine! Same thing on the six different machines that I've tried it on!

Is there somewhere else that I can see the pics? I'd really love to.

Thanks.

Mach

• 3 months later...

Archived