good time to book

mrsmagnolia

:) hello, i haven't been on this board for awhile, but planning a cruise next year to panama canal on infinity, march 29th.

just ordered the brochure, and since this is a special occassion, we may even book a suite.

so just a few questions for the more experienced cruisers...how many months in advance to actually book?

any suggestions on which suite or room to choose?

i guess they are the basics to start,,,thanks for any info anyone may provide.

Book as soon as you think you know what you want. Up until much closer to your sailing date, it's completely refundable so you have nothing to lose. If you wait, the price may go up or the cabin you want may go away. If the price goes down, you can get a reduction.

we usually book months in advance and book r/s, sometimes c/s on the m class ships. there are not too many of these rooms (r/s or c/s) avail so when we decide we are going to go, we book so we wont be disappointed. deposits are refundable so not a problem

while i cant say we watch the prices all the time after booking, we were offered an upgrade from c/s to p/h on our last trip for $2k

should have taken it but we were going to be on the ship for 4 weeks and the upgrade was only for 2 weeks- we didnt want to have to change rooms

if the price happens to go down you can always ask for a reduction or maybe even re-book depending on availability

Archived