Tell me about Liberty and Triumph

njtwinmom

Thinking about going on the Carnival Liberty Nov 1 or the Triumph. I will be traveling with husband, 2 boys age 11, parents, brother, wife, boy 15, boy 6.

Are these nice ships and fun for children? How is the food. I like that the rooms are big and they seem like a good price.

I can't tell you why other than personal taste.. but the Carnival Truimph was one of our least favorite Carnival cruises. Again not sure why..... we had a blast in the ports.... celebrated my wife's birthday.. so it was a great week.. but I just don't have fond memories of the ship. Contrast that with our Liberty cruise just last fall where I think the ship was fantastic. The Conquest class are ships are great. We've hit them all except for the Conquest and Freedom. Additionally, I think the newer ships are just more fun with ammenities but you will enjoy your cruise on either ship.

We have sailed the Liberty once and Triumph 3 times, just returning a few weeks ago on the Triumph. Not much difference in the ships with the Liberty having the Supperclub a few more stations in the lido restaraunt and the outdoor seatheater. Both had great staff and kids programs.

The Triumph is 11 years old and starting to show ware. The Liberty is 1 year old, a little bigger, big outdoor TV (about 10' X 20'), otherwise comparable. We were on the Freedom, identical sister ship of Liberty in Jan.08, and ported with it at Cozumel, we also went on the Triunph in Jan.08, back to backs. I would say that the newer ships are a little cleaner and have a little better service. My first choice hands down would be Liberty. Price, dates and itinerary, would decide the difference. The Triumph had an awesome itinerary, that's why we booked it, and would do it again.

Archived