Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Orcrone

I'm looking for suggestions of a hotel to stay for one night in Fort Lauderdale. We probably won't be getting there until 11:00 PM, so we don't need anything fancy. A clean room along with shuttle service from the airport and to the pier. Any suggestions?

We have stayed at the Marriott Marina on our last cruise (one night, pre-cruise), and I would highly recommend it. But, we were there for a pretty full day before the cruise, so we used it as a base of ops for sightseeing, water taxi, etc.

In your case, many have mentioned the Amerisuites. You can get a good deal directly through them (i.e., without having to go thru priceline, etc.), they have a shuttle to the pier, and I understand a breakfast is included. I am sure that many will correct me if I am wrong about the breakfast.

Bon Voyage,

Bill

Comfort Inn Airport/Cruiseport is a good choice. It is adjacent to the Hampton Inn and shares 2 pools and airport shuttle. They offer both airport and cruiseport shuttle as well as free breakfast. Those features alone for our family pretty much covered the price of the room. Be sure to sign up for your port shuttle when you check in.

Orcone, I hate to tell you this, and you've probably found out by now, but there's not much to choose from on 10/30. I see your cruise on the Maasdam is the 30th. We're on the Zuiderdam on the 30th and had a terrible time finding a room. We finally booked the Ramada Beach and I'm not exactly happy about it but we will have a place to stay. There is an International Boat Show that weekend and all of the rooms close to the water are booked or they are requiring anywhere from 3-5 night stay or the rooms are extremely expensive. I'm talking 300+ for the Rennaisance. I went on Travelocity just to see what was available and there are some still available but not 1st choices. Good luck.

Archived