Cozumel with a 4 and 2yo?

cruisnmom3

We had a great time at Chakanaab with a 3 yr old and a 7 yr old. Nice beach area for them to play and shallow enough in that area for them to wade in and play in the water. They also liked the hundreds of small fish swimming around.

I took my 2 year old DD to Paradise Beach in December, and she had a great time there. There was plenty of space for her to play in the sand and walk along the water's edge. We were able to get lounge chairs in the shade, and the bathroom facilities/showers were nice. Wherever you go, I would suggest bringing a few beach toys, and your kids should have a blast.

We went to Chankanaab Marine Park as two in our group were doing the dolphin swim. There were 12 of us all together -- including one preteen, a toddler, a baby, a senior and a handicapped person -- So we had varying interests too....

If there are people in your party interested in the dolphin swim, I can't say enough wonderful things about the Royal Swim. It was great!

There is a pool, lockers, showers, and food and drink available. There is a wadding area as well as a "beach" area. Admission to the park w/o tickets to the dolphin swim is $10. It is an easy cab ride (we paid 20 bucks for a van that held 9 of us).

While it was nice, I would not return here if not for the dolphin swim. The beach is very gritty sand, the shore is very rocky and there is little shaded areas on the main beach. This was not a great match for the little ones or our senior. The food and service was good, though.

If you do choose to go to Chankanaub - be sure to bring water shoes. Even the children's "lagoon" area is VERY rocky.

If you aren't interested in swimming with the dolphins and are more interested in a beach break -- I would look into Paradise Beach instead. I personally feel it is a better match for those with young kids (like us) and it's practically free.

HTH.

Chakanaab? paradise beach? Xcaret? We are not sure what to do! help!

Lori B

I have been on both paradise beach and Xcaret with my kids that were 1,5 and 3 years old at the time and even if we werent on a cruise I would recommend Paradise beach. I don't know how long time you will have in Cozumel, but Paradise beach is absolutely a paradise :)

Xcaret is also very interesting and fun, but a little more demanding when looking after kids and not so easy to relax as a parent than in Paradise beach.

Archived