Children in Courtyard Villas?

Jessinak

I am considering booking an A3 on the Pearl and will be traveling with only my two children (ages 6 and 4). I know the girls will enjoy the Kids Club (they have cruised on the Dawn previously) and I was hoping to enjoy the Courtyard Villa space from time to time while they were in the Kids Club. However, I'm sure there will be times that they would want to join me and I'm wondering about the etiquette of having small (but well behaved) kids in that area. Has anyone been on either side of that situation (either as the parent with the child in the Courtyard Villa, or as a passenger wishing the kids weren't there) ? Any thoughts or feedback would be great.

Thanks.

There were a number of small children- little girls about 8 and 10 and a couple of babies... in the courtyard of this cruise(Gem returning today). If they are well behaved as these were I am sure its no problem...

You should know that some people are ridiculous on their complaints. We were having breakfast at Cagneys and we were talking with two other couples---and someone at one of the tables made a complaint about us(not me specifically but about all of us talking) to the Asst Concierge who told her that she couldn't stop people from talking so take them and have fun you are PAYING for it. I assume that you children are well behaved....

We've stayed in a Courtyard Villa twice and have seen two scenarios. The first time, the young children we observed were well-behaved. The parents let them play in the pool, but they were well-supervised. We had absolutely no complaints.

However, on our last cruise, there was one family who did not watch their children at all. The kids ran around unsupervised. Young children (6 and under) were playing in the hot tub around the clock. They brought cookies and orange juice with them into the hot tub. My husband and I opted against a late night soak in the hot tub when we saw the food and drink bubbling in the water.

Personally, I think it's fine to bring kids of all ages with you into the Courtyard. They just need to behave appropriately.

Thanks -- these replies are helpful. My kids are well behaved (generally) and if we are in a public setting and they misbehave I march them right to our cabin. I won't ruin the cruise or relaxation time of other people because my kids are in meltdown mode. My general sense is that I am paying for them so we should be able to use the space, provided we are respectful to other passengers. I would never let them in the water or the hot tub without me, just as a safety matter.

Appreciate your fast replies.

As the Courtyard Villas are described specifically as having "childrens' bedroom", I don't think anyone should be surprized that children are in the Courtyard area.

Parenting styles differ, but anyone letting their young kids in a pool or hot tub unsupervised are not acting responsibly. This probably is the reason that they were badly behaved.

We were in an A3 on the Pearl last year and there was a family doing a B2B (14 days) with their young daughter (aged 7). She was an absolutely delightful young lady - extremely well-behaved and never in the CY area without one or both of her parents. I agree with others who have posted - if the parents see their children in "melt-down mode" - remove them promptly from the area.

The CY is a beautiful, relaxing place which all of you will enjoy! You're paying for the privilege of the CY and you should feel entirely comfortable using it and I gather from your post that your parenting skills are similar to those DH and I employed over 30+ years ago; if our kids misbehaved and were disruptive to others they were removed immediately from the area.

Enjoy - we LOVE the Pearl!

Thanks -- these replies are helpful. My kids are well behaved (generally) and if we are in a public setting and they misbehave I march them right to our cabin. I won't ruin the cruise or relaxation time of other people because my kids are in meltdown mode. My general sense is that I am paying for them so we should be able to use the space, provided we are respectful to other passengers. I would never let them in the water or the hot tub without me, just as a safety matter.

Appreciate your fast replies.

If all people with kids.. were like you.. it would be wonderful!

Archived