Shopping in Cabo/Mazatlan/PV

Noneeds4me

Hello,

I'm curious as to whether or not there are quite a few shops located near the piers that we can hit on the way back to the ship from excursions in Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta? We're not really interested in venturing off on our own for shopping but definitley want to find some good souveniers to bring back home.

Thank you.

Noneeds4me

There was a guy in Cabo that did some very nice hand painted ceramic tiles when we were there. He's right on the walk between the "downtown" area and the pier. You can buy what he has on display, or he will also do a custom tile for the same price. These went over very nicely as gifts for the family.

Have a great cruise!

Joe

Definitely the easiest place for souvenir shopping is Mazatlan. You dock in an industrial port area, and there's a little trolley that takes you to the entrance where you can catch taxis etc. The trolley drops you off at a little indoor/outdoor mall with various vendors. They have the typical stuff (magnets, t-shirts etc.) and also some custom made items. Prices are generally better there, and since you have to pass through it to get in or out of the port, it couldn't be more convenient.

In Cabo, there is an even bigger indoor "mall" with various stalls for various vendors. You can see it easily from the tender dock. The vendors are a bit more aggressive there, but NOTHING like the vendors at the souvenir shops by the port entrance at Puerto Vallarta. I've tried it twice, and never again. :eek:

We've done that itinerary 3 times in the past year. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :)

Archived