Price adjustment/Guaranteed stateroom

CruisinMermaid

If I already booked a specific cabin and noticed about a month before we sail that prices for guaranteed staterooms (which are the only ones available when I check) on the same deck are slightly cheaper, can I ask for a price adjustment? I tried to get a price adjustment last year on our cabin when I saw the rates went down but they said I couldn't get one because I received a discount on my original booking and that the discount applied to specific rooms. I wasn't sure what they meant but I think they were just giving me some long winded answer to avoid giving me an adjustment.

Good luck with that. Looks like they are trying to finish filling up the ship. If you are willing to give up your chosen cabin for a guarantee, they might, but no telling where you will end up.

That close to sailing date, not much of a chance of price adjustment.

I booked a year ago January for March 16, 08 aboard the Destiny. When I booked, I received a 2 catagory upgrade free for repeated cruiser. I was told from the time of booking to the day of sailing, if it was offered cheaper by Carnival, I'd get the credit. I tried a 4 times over the past 8 months seeing listed cheaper by other TA (which I booked through Travelocity). However, on Friday I noticed there were 5 cabins left on the Lido deck which they discounted to fill the ship up. I called TA, which contacted Carnival and I now have a onboard credit coming for the difference. A nice credit at that, I might add. :)

My son & daughter are in different rooms located different area's of the ship, and over the past year they have received 2 discounts from Carnival as they lowered the price of their rooms as well. Not now, as their floor levels are booked up.

I say give it a shot, what do you have to lose? :D

Archived