Monarch OS Deck 7 or 9, Which is better?

MC40528

Booking a last minute cruise on Monarch of the Seas, not many choices in cabins left. Trying to decide between Deck 7 or Deck 9 oceanview. I've tried to study photos to see how the actual view is out each deck, but it is hard to tell. Deck 9 appears to look directly down on the lifeboats. Can anyone tell me what the view out of Deck 7 is like?

Or should I take my chances on an Oceanview guarentee on Deck 5 or 6.

Go for deck 9, no question! ;) They have safes in there (lower decks don't), and the cabin is larger. Also, people can look right in your cabin on deck 7, so you have to keep your curtains closed at all times.

You do look down on the lifeboats on deck 9, but you can still see straight out.

Deck 9 ABSOLUTELY!!!!

First all the cabins on deck 9 are Superior Oceanviews which are 157 square feet. Deck 7 Oceanviews are 122 square feet (and tiny).

Second, deck 7 is the promenade deck. What that means is unless you want everybody and their mother to see you as they walk past, you will have to keep the drapes closed in your room at all times for privacy (kind of defeats the purpose of a window). We also had the added fun of having people throw a party outside our window at 3am so we had extra noise as well.

Even with the obstructions on deck 9 (some are more obstructed than others) deck 9 is absolutely the best choice.

Oh and to add, if you do an oceanview guarantee you don't have a choice of which room you get, and you will most likely end up with a room on deck 7. Deck 6 BTW is right below the jogging track so you can end up with added noise there.

Archived