Excursions from Inspiration

algol

sting ray city was worth it to me, but we didnt book it on the boat. we got off the boat and there where people everywhere with signs ready to take you to stingray city, its been a few years now so i forget how much we paid i want to say it was 40 bucks. your just on a smaller boat, but you go to the same spot. If you have never swam with stingrays, or have seen coral reef up close i would take the opprotunity to do it

sting ray city was worth it to me, but we didnt book it on the boat. we got off the boat and there where people everywhere with signs ready to take you to stingray city, its been a few years now so i forget how much we paid i want to say it was 40 bucks. your just on a smaller boat, but you go to the same spot. If you have never swam with stingrays, or have seen coral reef up close i would take the opprotunity to do it

is this safe to swim with stingrays?

I have the same question. I would love to do the same thing, but my DS who will be 15 don't want to do it because of what happened to Steve Erwin? Sorry about the spelling. I tried to tell him it is safe but he won't listen. Should I leave him on the boat while DH & I do this? Maybe he would join in. In the pictures there are so many out in the ocean playing with them. Looks like a once in a life time chance:D. From the pictures there are so many people that it looks real crouded and I wouldn't want to spook them with so many there at one time.

Anyone who has traveled to Grand cayman suggest a great shore excursion or should we just go to Seven Mile beach- is Stingray City worth it?

Stingrays are O.K.But if you want a beautiful place to snorkel ,walk around the port to the right to a blue building think it is called eden rock stay close to the water you can't miss it. You can rent a locker for around $4, rent snorkel gear if you need it and walk down the steps into the sea and see an abundance of marine life ,coral and reefs.Paddle on out to the 35' water beeeeutiful.No "excursion "fees.

Archived