Grandeur or Carnival Imagination

Need some advice, just got back from Sovereign, Loved it !!!! We have to leave on a cruise between March 13-15th, Both Grandeur/Carnival Imagination fit these dates, RCI would win hands down but,,,,Grandeur only has a rock wall on this ship, and my 14 yr old really likes waterslides, basketball. Has anyone been on both ships who can give me suggestions,,,,Im still leaning towards Grandeur

I was on the Imagination 3 years ago and we just sailed the Grandeur in May. Let me just say, that I have not been on a bad boat. We really liked the Grandreur, the food was probably alittle better tasting than Carnival, but not quite as much accessability. The pizza and grilled stuff was only open at certain times during the day- not 24 hours. For a pre-teen boy, this might be a big deal. Also, the shows are a little better in my opinion on the Grandreur- but this is just a preference. Now for Carnival, like I said, I liked the idea of more convenient food and seemed to be more of it on the buffet. The activities- no comparison! Carnival wins hands down. The Grandeur is great for more of a laid back cruise- but if your son wants fun, go Imagination. The slides are great-and we haven't even been on the new water works, on the Imagination. Also, quite a bit more dancing, contests, and younger people on the Imagination. Also, my 3 kids did the rock climbing wall, and even at 2 times- they got a little bored. The contests on the Imagination are geared toward a younger crowd and are absolutly hilarious. And I heard the dance club for teens are awesome. We will be sailing the Imagination again in April, but will definatly sail on Royal Caribbean again in the very near future. My solution- give all the ships a try and then decde which on you like the best.

I was on the Imagination 3 years ago and we just sailed the Grandeur in May. Let me just say, that I have not been on a bad boat. We really liked the Grandreur, the food was probably alittle better tasting than Carnival, but not quite as much accessability. The pizza and grilled stuff was only open at certain times during the day- not 24 hours. For a pre-teen boy, this might be a big deal. Also, the shows are a little better in my opinion on the Grandreur- but this is just a preference. Now for Carnival, like I said, I liked the idea of more convenient food and seemed to be more of it on the buffet. The activities- no comparison! Carnival wins hands down. The Grandeur is great for more of a laid back cruise- but if your son wants fun, go Imagination. The slides are great-and we haven't even been on the new water works, on the Imagination. Also, quite a bit more dancing, contests, and younger people on the Imagination. Also, my 3 kids did the rock climbing wall, and even at 2 times- they got a little bored. The contests on the Imagination are geared toward a younger crowd and are absolutly hilarious. And I heard the dance club for teens are awesome. We will be sailing the Imagination again in April, but will definatly sail on Royal Caribbean again in the very near future. My solution- give all the ships a try and then decde which on you like the best.

Archived