Mobay horse back riding???

here we come

Has anyone heard of a time problem with using other tours than the cruise lines? Someone had told me they heard these non-cruise related tours will not guarantee to get you back in time.

The two sites I have been looking at are:

http://www.yardietours.com/html/horseback.htm

and

http://www.a-zjamaicaplanners.com/mbcruise.htm

thanks for any input....

While I normally book non-ship excursions, in Jamaica, I would recommend you stick with the ship tours. Last year, we booked a horseback riding trip through A-Z Jamaica Planners. While I really enjoyed working with Belinda and felt she set us up with a safe driver, I was very disappointed in the horseback riding. Our family of 4 was the only group on this tour with 3 guides, which actually made us somewhat nervous. We took a path from the top of a hill through a residential construction site with heavy equipment all around. The trail was actually a road being cut and about to be paved. A short part of the way we went through some native vegetation and a small village and ended up at the beach, which my daughters really enjoyed. Unfortunately, I sprained my hand dismounting and was in too much pain to ride bareback in the ocean. :( The equipment was in poor condition and one of my stirrups fell apart on the way to the beach!:eek:

As for getting back to our ship on time, it was not a problem, as we had an early tour time and cut short our planned shopping excursion because we were anxious to get back to the ship. If you get stuck in traffic with a non-ship tour, don't count on the ship waiting for you.

Archived