Carnival Inspiration

njtwinmom

Hi, I'm thinking about booking the Inspiration 5 Night Western Caribbean cruise on Nov 3 out of Tampa. It is a family vacation (me, husband, 2 boys age 11, parents celebrating 50th anniversary, brother, wife, boy 7 and boy 15). Is this a good cruise for older people and families or is Carnival more for younger couples and singles who like to party alot?

We would spend time by the pools and the children would like the slides. The two ports would be good for us too (Cozumel & Cayman). We were looking at Royal Caribbean and Holland America, but the price is right on Carnival. Thanks, all opinions are welcomed.

Hi, I'm thinking about booking the Inspiration 5 Night Western Caribbean cruise on Nov 3 out of Tampa. It is a family vacation (me, husband, 2 boys age 11, parents celebrating 50th anniversary, brother, wife, boy 7 and boy 15). Is this a good cruise for older people and families or is Carnival more for younger couples and singles who like to party alot?

We would spend time by the pools and the children would like the slides. The two ports would be good for us too (Cozumel & Cayman). We were looking at Royal Caribbean and Holland America, but the price is right on Carnival. Thanks, all opinions are welcomed.

The Carnival demographic seems almost perfect... about 30% 20 to 40 or so, 30% 40 to 55 and about 30% 55 and up! There are generally a fair number of younger ones on board and Carnival's programs for the youth crowd have won near universal praise.

Keep reading these boards. You'll be amazed at the wide variety of folks that sail and love Carnival.

The Inspiration, as you probably know, has recently gone through the Evolutions of Fun upgrades. Look here:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Promos/evolutionsoffun/water_splash.aspx

Best of luck!!

We enjoyed RCI much more than Carnival. This is just my opinion. I have cruised both. I found the food not up to par on Inspiration. We enjoyed Cozumel very much, we did not book an excursion, took a cab to Paradise Beach, we ate and drank all afternoon, cost was only 90.00, cab ride was 15.00. Enjoy your trip. My Inspiration cruise was the same as yours.

Archived