Car Rental Question: From Seattle to Whistler

swdke

Has anyone rented a car at Seattle and drove to Whistler? I understand that some car rental companies may not permit rentals to be taken either into Canada, or as far as Whistler. I currently hold several reservations with a few companies, one, I forget which, states that rentals if taken to Canada can only be taken as far as Vancouver. So I was wondering, does anyone know which car rental companies in Seattle permit their rental cars to be taken as far as Whistler? Or, which companies forbid taking their cars across the border? Has this even been a concern to anyone? Thank you for your help.

I've never heard of rentals not being allowed to Whistler in the summer. Are you maybe reading that they won't allow you to return it anywhere other than Vancouver?

Viv

I think it's more about rental cars entering canada, and possible restrictions as to where rental car companies allow their cars to be taken. I have since read that there is a Canadian Import law which forbids Canadian citizens from taking a US rental car across the boarder. Any attempt the car will be consficated. But for US citizens, it's permitted. But still, some rental car agencies might have a problem with this anyhow, and that's what I am trying to figure out. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems renting a car from Seattle, and taking it across the border, beyond Vancouver. Thanks.

Archived