Question while at cozumel

jojo08

I'm going on a short cruise and we only stop for a day in cozumel. I'm very torn beause I want to see cozumel but I want to go to xcarte to but don't think that is going to work.

My question.

I know we have to take a ferry over to xcarte but can we just take the ferry back when were done. Or do we have to leave at the time that is set for the group?

Thanks

I'm going on a short cruise and we only stop for a day in cozumel. I'm very torn beause I want to see cozumel but I want to go to xcarte to but don't think that is going to work.

My question.

I know we have to take a ferry over to xcarte but can we just take the ferry back when were done. Or do we have to leave at the time that is set for the group?

Thanks

Maybe you will find some help making your decision here:

This looks like an awesome place. Is it feasable to do if we dock at 10:00 and leave at 7:00.... from Cozumel. I understand that it is about a 45minute ferry ride.

Does anyone know if the ferries are dependable. "WHAT IF" something happens... how in the world would you get back to Cozumel? I guess that is the chance you take.

This looks like an awesome place. Is it feasable to do if we dock at 10:00 and leave at 7:00.... from Cozumel. I understand that it is about a 45minute ferry ride.

Does anyone know if the ferries are dependable. "WHAT IF" something happens... how in the world would you get back to Cozumel? I guess that is the chance you take.

We have waited for the ferry that was delayed because of high seas but that was because it was a ship excursion. You need to be really careful out on your own.

I've been to Xcaret before. It's nice but frankly I think the snorkeling around Cozumel is nicer.

There is NO way I would attempt to go on your own while on a day stop on a cruise ship. Even if you are on a ship's excursion, they will cut your time in the park short if there are any delays.

I know, easier said than done... but save up your $$$ and take a long weekend land vacation to Cancun and do a day trip to Tulum and Xcaret. Since you're only in Cozumel for the day, enjoy that island this time around.

JMHO, of course.

Archived