Help Me

jojo08

Ok I'm having a hard time trying to decide what to do when in Cozumel, first cruise and first time to Cozumel.

This is my thing, I love the beach but a few hours of laying on the beach and playing in the water is all I can take. I must vist a beach because I have never seen the clear blue water so that is a must for me. I was set on going to xcarte but I don't want to waste all that time on the ferry over to it. I know there are more things to do at xcarte so that is why I was thinking go there. But now I'm not sure.

Was thinking about maybe Nachi Cocom for awhile then just go see Cozumel. Then I was thinking something like the 4wheeler and then just to go some beach for the day. I'm so lost I don't know what to do. I know I want to spend atleast some time at the beach. I'm very adventurous so all day at the beach wouldn't be for me. Now if I went snokling that would be fun and keep me busy. I guess I just want advice. Or should I just stick to xcarte?

you don't have to go any where to see the blue and greens of the water...just the view from the docks, the water is so clear and beautiful.

town is right there, we docked near the downtown area and had a lot of shops/bars right across the street.

DH is NOT a beach person, but i had reserved nachi cocom for the day.

i was happy just watching the other. some went snorkeling (extra $), some went parasailing (extra $), DH was happy with the pool and the massage. time flew..we were there from before 11am to 3pm.

you need to figure out how much time you have in port and how much will be spent going across?

cozumel is one port you are not stuck just doing one thing. with the ships docking and the town so close..you don't have to be hurry to get everything done. we saw people snorkeling right near the docks.

You could always go to Mr. Sancho's beach. They have 4-wheeler and horseback riding excursions that leave from the beach there. From what I understand, there is no entry fee, you just pay a la carte for your food, beverages, and excursions.

Thanks I will look into the other things, we are docked from 8-8 so we have a little time. I called RC today and going to xcarte is from 8:30-4:30. So I guess were back to the dock at 6ish. So that wont really give me time to see any thing else.

I think I'm stressing this to much, but it's two weeks away now, and I wanted to have it booked and planned before we get there so I don't have to worry with it.

You might want to try Playa Palancar. It is a very secluded Cozumel beach. While there enjoy the food, drinks, and beach in a very relaxed atmosphere. While there you can take a boat ($30-35/pp) to the reefs (Palancar and Columbia Shallows) for some of the best snorkeling on the island.

You might want to try Playa Palancar. It is a very secluded Cozumel beach. While there enjoy the food, drinks, and beach in a very relaxed atmosphere. While there you can take a boat ($30-35/pp) to the reefs (Palancar and Columbia Shallows) for some of the best snorkeling on the island.

Yes, and try their shrimp fajitas.:D

I am just back from Cozumel on the Carnival Valor and one thing I'd like to point out is that some excursions take much longer than what you think. We booked one excursion with Carnival, and the others on our own. In Cozumel we did the dolphin swim--same company Carnival uses--$50 less per person. However, Carnival will be back every week and we will not--we had booked it for the 10:20 swim, but when I contacted Dolpihnaris that morning they were picking us up at 10:30 local time--11:30 ship's time! (that's another thing to consider when booking on your own--the ship's usually keep their own time of their home port--and if you book separate from them, tours are on local time)

It sounded like it would just be a 5 minute cab ride (it was) and 20 minute orientation, followed by a 45 minute swim. They had several large pools, the largest of which easily accomodated several groups of 10 adults and the 8 dolphins. They check you in, have you remove all jewelry, then shower, and then assign you to groups. You are fitted with a life preserver and then the trainers pick up their assigned groups and move you to the pools with the dolphins. Each in the group got a kiss, a handshake and a belly ride. Also plenty of time just floating about with this lovely creatures and petting them. Then the trainers had them do tricks and answered as many questions as you had about them.

Long story short--it all took much longer than we thought and being we had to shower off our sunscreen prior to entering the pool with the dolphins, we were all burnt and tired at the end of it. We had barely an hour left to poke around and shop in town.

Of course you have a longer day in town, but do keep this in mind! Enjoy! :D

We rented a jeep for $50 at enterprise, insurance was $30 I think but I didnt get it. We headed north and stopped at the national park and did some snorkeling. Then we went to some ruins to the left. It wasnt all that but you can get your pic taken on a donkey. And then we stopped at a few bars on the beach before cutting across to San Miguel and back. You can stop anywhere and have a whole beach to yourself. We were lucky enough to see an iguana also.

Archived