Cruise Weddings

bigs2man

do people have to get married in the chapel or can someone pick a different location on the ship? for instance, if it were just me and my bride-to-be, would the captain perform the ceremony out on the deck if we wanted? has anyone seen a wedding performed outside of the chapel?

We were on the CB in January with a couple from Canada who through Princess Wedding dept had their wedding in St Thomas at a church and their reception on the ship. Their family/friends were on the ship for the first week with them and they stayed on for a b2b and had their honeymoon the second week.

I have also seen wedding pics posted on this board where the ceremony was on deck near the adult pool.

We're getting married in the chapel on the Grand Princess April 6th. While it is sometimes possible to arrange for a deck wedding (pending special approvals), we were told that there are some elements that we would have to give up like flower arrangements and music for a deck wedding. Also, while we have a lot of people sailing with us, there are a lot family members and friends that can't join us. The chapels have web-cams so that those at home can at least see some of our wedding "live."

Archived