Info for UK Cruisers

englishmum

RCL have just brought out a new regulation for UK customers who wish to transfer their booking from RCL to a TA.You now have to complete and sign a form and get the TA to fax it to RCL within 48hrs.Here in the UK if you shop around the TA's you can get a variety of discounts on the RCL price and I think they have introduced this new system to try and prevent people from doing this.I understand from these boards that in the US TA's are not allowed to discount RCL prices,so perhaps they are also trying to bring us in line with US policy.

We've not been able to get a discount from a TA directly on the cruise - same price as booking direct with RCCL. They would, however, discount other parts of the same holiday because of the cruise booking (so amounts to the same thing I guess).

For our next cruise we actually got a bigger discount for spending less money with the TA! We booked our own hotels and flights as the TA couldn't beat the prices and wouldn't have been able to discount. Go figure.

I got a better price booking it all direct. My TA could not match my online airline price and RC gave me a discount and OBC for booking with them. I wonder in the future if TA's will play a big a role as for my last 3 holidays I have booked direct and saved a lot!

Archived