Carnival Destiny - Duty Free Liquor

wingnt68

I had heard that you can purchase from the duty free shop in the Port of San Juan liquor and they will allow you to bring it on board. Can anyone confirm this. :p Any other crusie that I have taken in past he they have always taken it away from people that were going thru the check points. :mad:

I also have been told that you can board the ship and then get back off the ship in San Juan. We are coming in the night before and I know the boat doesn't leave until 10:30 pm. Just wondering if they do indeed let you off the ship once you have check in.

Also, is anyone taking the April 6th Cruise?

Any suggestions on shore excursion companies (other than carnival). And what we should see.

Any info you can provide would be great.

Kim Melson

Grand Rapids, MI

Current Temp 2 degrees. burrrrrrrr

I had heard that you can purchase from the duty free shop in the Port of San Juan liquor and they will allow you to bring it on board. Can anyone confirm this. :p Any other crusie that I have taken in past he they have always taken it away from people that were going thru the check points. :mad:

I also have been told that you can board the ship and then get back off the ship in San Juan. We are coming in the night before and I know the boat doesn't leave until 10:30 pm. Just wondering if they do indeed let you off the ship once you have check in.

Also, is anyone taking the April 6th Cruise?

Any suggestions on shore excursion companies (other than carnival). And what we should see.

Any info you can provide would be great.

r

Yes you can buy liquor from the duty free shop, just make sure to put it in your carry on luggage.

You can come and go from the ship to San Juan as much as your want up until 8-8:30ish. Just to be clear, you can do that with any ship, its just not that common because most ships leave around 4pm.

There is a huge Destiny thread that has tons of useful tips on everything about Destiny. I would check that out or go to the Ports of Call board.

Hey Kim! We are on the April 6th trip on Destiny. Don't know what you're looking for excursion wise, but for Antigua, you might want to check out Eli's Adventure Antigua - we are booked for the Xtreme Circumnav.

We were in St. Lucia in 2000 and went on a tour of the island through Jungle Tours. They have an excursion especially for cruise ship passengers. We had an absolute blast!

Way back in 1999, we did an island tour of Dominica with Lybos Tours. Don't know if they're still around; if I recall, we didn't book beforehand - just walked off the ship and looked for somebody holding a sign. Might want to check out the Dominica board if you're wanting to book somebody before you get there.

We're a bit warmer down here in Dayton - 16 degrees!!

Archived