Serenade of the Seas Cabin 8086 Questions

I'm schedule on Serenade of the Seas in Alaska in late July with my mother and my sister. We are in cabin 8086 (hump cabin with balcony). Does anyone have any experience with that cabin? Is the third bed a pullman bunk? Or will one of us have to sleep on a converted sofa? How large is the balcony? Will it be roomy enough for 3 to sit comfortably? Will the elevator noise or activity at the Explorer's Court keep us awake?

Thanks!

Deborah

Although I have not stayed in that cabin, I have researched cabins in the same area on the Jewel (same class ship). From what I understand is that balcony is fairly large and three should be comfortable there. The Explorer court is just where shore excursions are booked, so I don't think it would be loud. I have not heard people complain about elevator noise in cabins nearby, and yours is one cabin over from them so should be fine.

Only issue was (at least on Jewel) the deck eight balconies are reportedly nearly fully covered by deck nine balconies. Good for privacy, but not a lot of direct sun (which could be good or bad depending on your taste). If balcony size if important, this would be a good choice. I don't know about the bed situation.

Maybe someone who has stayed in this can provide more detail.

I feel quite certain that you will love this cabin. It's not quite as good as 8088, but almost. It has two loungers and two chairs and a table. Plenty of room for three. I can't tell you about the extra bed. Have never used that, so didn't notice. If you just do a search for "8086" I'll bet you will find several posts about this cabin, on various Radiance Class ships.

Enjoy!

Oh, and noise is not an issue in any way.

I feel quite certain that you will love this cabin. It's not quite as good as 8088, but almost. It has two loungers and two chairs and a table. Plenty of room for three. I can't tell you about the extra bed. Have never used that, so didn't notice. If you just do a search for "8086" I'll bet you will find several posts about this cabin, on various Radiance Class ships.

Enjoy!

Oh, and noise is not an issue in any way.

That sounds great! Thanks! Now I REALLY can't wait until July!!

Deborah

Archived