what are the Dawn's charge restaurants?

tylerandalliesmom

Don't know all of them, but we loved Bamboo. Probably some of the best Asian food I have ever had.

We also ate at Cagney's. It was good. If you are looking for a memorable steak and lobster dinner like you might have in a nice restaurant on land, well, it wasn't all that, but it was very good and our server was incredible.

We also ate at Impressions. At first we thought it was a pay restaurant, but it wasn't. That was a nice surprise. (However, they offer you Evian water with dinner at every restaurant, but know that there is a charge for that bottle of water. You can opt for regular if you want.) The food was very good.

I have heard of people making reservations for whole week on the first day. We were not able to do that and didn't know anyone else personally that was. You could only make a reservation for that day or the next.

I actually called NCL and they listed the names and the prices....of course I wrote them down somehwere but who knows. They were all between $15-$20 If you go on to NCL.com and click on Ships (at the top) and then click on Dawn, you will find place that says dining and it allows you to read a little bit about each restaurant. Those that charge end their paragraph with "well worth the charge" This may help you a bit.

Here is a link to a Freestyle Dining Guide. The only thing it doesn't mention is the available extras not included in the standard surcharge. For example, the tasting menu in Le Bistro for $10 additional, Sushi is extra, Tepanyaki is usually $20, and Cagney's has Surf and Turf that is extra, there may be others I haven't thought of. Also, there are usually half price specials for late reservations.:)

http://www.7blueseas.com/global/pages/NCLFSDining_popup.asp

I just came off the Dawn on Sunday the 24th.

Impressions and Salsa are free. LeBistro and Cagney's were $20 ea. Bambo was my favorite and I believe it was $10 but could have been $20. We ended up at Bambo the second evening out. It was lobster night in the main dining rooms and they do not take reservations. We could not even get near the doors of Aqua or the Venetian. We next tried to get into Impressions but did not have a reservation and they were full! The hostess called around until she found a table for 6 at Bamboo. We ordered off their reguar menu and everyone loved their meal. Very different. Don't miss the banana spring rolls for dessert! Blue Lagoon is great for a snack and is free. We ate breakfast daily in the Garden Cafe on deck 12 also free. They also serve lunch and perhaps dinner(not sure).

Very convenient for families. Aqua and the Venetian are the 2 main dining rooms and have the same nightly menus.(free)

I was under the impression that you coud not make reservations in the main dining rooms, only the specialty restaurants.

Hope this helps.

Here is a link to a Freestyle Dining Guide. The only thing it doesn't mention is the available extras not included in the standard surcharge. For example, the tasting menu in Le Bistro for $10 additional, Sushi is extra, Tepanyaki is usually $20, and Cagney's has Surf and Turf that is extra, there may be others I haven't thought of. Also, there are usually half price specials for late reservations.:)

http://www.7blueseas.com/global/pages/NCLFSDining_popup.asp

I am on Pride of America in November. Is Tempanyaki $20 total, or $20 additional ($20 plus the $12.50 for the East Meets West) to total $32.50?

What do you mean by "late reservations"? Do you mean late seating, like after 9pm or something, or do you mean made at the last minute, like 7pm for 9pm? We have never cruised NCL before, and are not sure what to expect with this freestyle variation on dining.:confused:

I am on Pride of America in November. Is Tempanyaki $20 total, or $20 additional ($20 plus the $12.50 for the East Meets West) to total $32.50?

What do you mean by "late reservations"? Do you mean late seating, like after 9pm or something, or do you mean made at the last minute, like 7pm for 9pm? We have never cruised NCL before, and are not sure what to expect with this freestyle variation on dining.:confused:

Tepanyaki would be $20 total. It is separate from East Meets West which would be $12.50.

NCL often runs happy hour specials. They will offer 50% off the basic surcharge in Le Bistro, Cagneys or the Asian restaurant for reservations during the happy hour. It could be 5:30 to 6:30, 9-10, or sometimes they don't offer it at all. Happy hour discount also does not apply to Tepanyaki, Sushi, or the extra surcharge items beyond the basic surcharge.

Archived