Age policy re: drinking

jairzinho

My daughter is 24 years old and has been married for 1 1/2 years. They never believe she is 21 and she always has to carry her driver's license with her. She and her husband cruised on Mariner in November and they again did not believe her, even though her seapass card did not have holes punched in it. You might as well carry your DL with you.

My daughter is 24 years old and has been married for 1 1/2 years. They never believe she is 21 and she always has to carry her driver's license with her. She and her husband cruised on Mariner in November and they again did not believe her, even though her seapass card did not have holes punched in it. You might as well carry your DL with you.

I agree, no need to have to run back to your cabin if you are carded.

###

I've been on two cruises with teenage girls. In both cases, a couple of the girls had no trouble getting booze. They did not order it themselves; rather, they and an adult accomplice would walk right up to the bar, the adult would order two drinks, and then hand one to the minor in full view of the barkeep.

I've been on two cruises with teenage girls. In both cases, a couple of the girls had no trouble getting booze. They did not order it themselves; rather, they and an adult accomplice would walk right up to the bar, the adult would order two drinks, and then hand one to the minor in full view of the barkeep.

According to company policy, this action could be punishable up to debarkation at the next port.

Just like on land, people determined to drink are going to find a way to do so. Enforcement is just as spotty.

According to company policy, this action could be punishable up to debarkation at the next port.

Just like on land, people determined to drink are going to find a way to do so. Enforcement is just as spotty.

Yep, that was my point. Very often in life, the written rules are not the real-life rules. I just wanted to warn the OP that if a teen is hell-bent on getting alcohol on a cruise, he/she will find a way.

Archived