Help Us! Grand Caymans next week

ocnd

We are sailing on Carnival Freedom next week and will be in the Grand Cayman Islands. There are 3 couples (middle aged) who are not too adventuresome (no scuba diving, four wheeling, etc). Is there a local company who is not too expensive you would recommend to take us on a tour of the island? People have advised us that it is so beautiful there, that we don't want to miss it. Please help! Thanks in advance!

Maybe one of these two excursions would suit your group.

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=CAR&lcode=GCM&tcode=016611

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=CAR&lcode=GCM&tcode=020609

I am not affliated with this company (or any, for that matter). I have just been searching for excursions for myself and DH.

Thanks for your quick reply. Those look interesting. I'm going to look into them. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Are there typically tour groups at the port trying to get "takers?" Sometimes you can get good deals that way.

Yes there are typically TONS of people at most ports when you get off the ship trying to get your business. We did this at one port on a whim and made out ok. However. you never know what you might get purchasing them on a whim.

The taxi drivers have a set tour at the port. You cannot get a taxi driver to do something special for you - at least we couldn't. It wasn't like the other ports. The tour is nice - but I did it before and didn't want to go to Hell and the other sites. We wanted just the Turtle Farm (for your DS7 and then the beach) - the taxis WOULD NOT do that for us. You could do the full tour OR the beach, but not both. I guess they want a full van of people going to the same place and we were only 3.

But if you have never been to Cayman then the general tour is good and you can easily book it when you get off the ship. If you want to do something different I recommend booking ahead of time.

Archived