Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

We are staying at the Silver Cloud Inn Stadium on a non-game weekend. We are arriving at 4:45 pm on a Friday, and leaving on a cruise (HAL) on Sunday.

What is the best way for use to get to the hotel from the airport? There are 4 people, 3 checked bags and 4+ carryons.

Will their free shuttle take us to the pier? If not, what is the best way to get there? Is it within reasonable walking distance, considering we will be towing luggage?

Is there a grocery and liquor store nearby?

Thanks for all your help.

We are staying at the Silver Cloud Inn Stadium on a non-game weekend. We are arriving at 4:45 pm on a Friday, and leaving on a cruise (HAL) on Sunday.

What is the best way for use to get to the hotel from the airport? There are 4 people, 3 checked bags and 4+ carryons.

Will their free shuttle take us to the pier? If not, what is the best way to get there? Is it within reasonable walking distance, considering we will be towing luggage?

Is there a grocery and liquor store nearby?

Thanks for all your help.

You would need two taxis, probably, so it might end up being cheaper to use Shuttle Express.

http://www.shuttleexpress.com

I don't know if Silver Cloud will take you to the Terminal in their shuttle or not. I have not heard anyone say yea or nay so far this season.

It is about two miles from the Silver Cloud to the Terminal, so you COULD walk if you were so inclined.

The nearest state store is downtown, and they close at 5 pm and have limited Saturday hours. It is at 2nd and Seneca. No grocery stores any closer than West Seattle, other than Costco, which is about 1.5 miles away on 4th Av South.

Hi. I'm totally confused with all the different transportation options!!! I was hoping you could suggest the best transportation from SeaTac airport to the Downtown Sheraton -- We (my wife and I, and our 2 pre-teen sons) will be arriving on Saturday at 9:00 PM. We'll probably have about five pieces of luggage.

We are also planning on taking a quick trip to the Space Needle on Sunday morning right when it opens at 9:00 AM, go up in it, look around for a few minutes, and head back to the hotel before check-out and then right to the pier -- is the monorail our best route to and from the Space Needle, and is the station a fairly short walk from the Sheraton?

Finally, what would be the cheapest way to get from the Sheraton to Pier 66 on Sunday morning, with the 4 of us and our luggage? I'm sorry for all the questions, and I really appreciate all your help

Hi. I'm totally confused with all the different transportation options!!! I was hoping you could suggest the best transportation from SeaTac airport to the Downtown Sheraton -- We (my wife and I, and our 2 pre-teen sons) will be arriving on Saturday at 9:00 PM. We'll probably have about five pieces of luggage.

We are also planning on taking a quick trip to the Space Needle on Sunday morning right when it opens at 9:00 AM, go up in it, look around for a few minutes, and head back to the hotel before check-out and then right to the pier -- is the monorail our best route to and from the Space Needle, and is the station a fairly short walk from the Sheraton?

Finally, what would be the cheapest way to get from the Sheraton to Pier 66 on Sunday morning, with the 4 of us and our luggage? I'm sorry for all the questions, and I really appreciate all your help

I answered your question on the other thread, but I neglected to mention that, if those Wolverine you are talking about are from that, that, that "School up north" I will overlook it just this once.......go Bucs! :D

Hey Karen, you forgot to warn me about the soccer game tomorrow!!

Thanks for the good weather though.:D I don't believe there is anything left in Nordstrom's just in case you needed to go shopping this weekend.;) :p :D

Hey Karen, you forgot to warn me about the soccer game tomorrow!!

Thanks for the good weather though.:D I don't believe there is anything left in Nordstrom's just in case you needed to go shopping this weekend.;) :p :D

That's true, and it's a big game, too. Sorry about that. DD also says that there is a huge anti-war protest rally downtown tomorrow afternoon, too, running very near your hotel.

Good thing I rarely go into Nordy's then, isn't it.

OK, cough up the pix.....I wanna see them.

Thanks for the warning on the anti-war rally. I'm being picked up mid morning for sightseeing with friends and then we are going to the Crab Pot for dinner.

I'm uploading pics now. I already have some Seattle photos uploaded - click the link in my signature. It really turned out to be the perfect cruise.

And I really have loved your city - she is so wonderful and friendly.

Thanks for the warning on the anti-war rally. I'm being picked up mid morning for sightseeing with friends and then we are going to the Crab Pot for dinner.

I'm uploading pics now. I already have some Seattle photos uploaded - click the link in my signature. It really turned out to be the perfect cruise.

And I really have loved your city - she is so wonderful and friendly.

I will pass the thanks on to DD. I would not have known about it save for her, and would have gone down and gotten mixed up in it myself on a planned trip to the Market for some fresh produce.

Great pix!!!

Glad things are going as planned/well for you whilst here. Weather should be good for you tomorrow, too.

Karen...hi...wow..thanks for all your help. To be honest though..just found this site and ... 40+ pages to go through is a bit much. Please be patient if I ask something already asked and answered. :rolleyes:

We are considering a last minute trip June 28 on Oosterdam. How far is it from the airport to the terminal? What is the best option for getting to the pier? It will be just myself and hubby. And then..for our return..is there a Hilton brand hotel near the pier? Or can you recommend somewhere really cool (area) to stay for one night between the pier and airport? Hilton would be Hilton, Embassy Suites, Hampton..and more..geez..my brain just died!!!! Embassy Suites is my favorite. Again, I am so sorry if this has been asked. And thank you for your help.

Karen...hi...wow..thanks for all your help. To be honest though..just found this site and ... 40+ pages to go through is a bit much. Please be patient if I ask something already asked and answered. :rolleyes:

We are considering a last minute trip June 28 on Oosterdam. How far is it from the airport to the terminal? What is the best option for getting to the pier? It will be just myself and hubby. And then..for our return..is there a Hilton brand hotel near the pier? Or can you recommend somewhere really cool (area) to stay for one night between the pier and airport? Hilton would be Hilton, Embassy Suites, Hampton..and more..geez..my brain just died!!!! Embassy Suites is my favorite. Again, I am so sorry if this has been asked. And thank you for your help.

About 17 miles.

Since you are cruising with HAL:

http://www.graylineseattle.com/cruiseexpress1.cfm

All of the Hilton properties are either downtown or at the airport. No Embassy Suites downtown, but Hampton, Hilton, Homewood are all there.

We will be on the Star. Once we check in on the ship, can we get back off and look around Seattle, or is it not really worth it? How far is Pikes from Pier 66?

Also how far is Pikes from the Sheraton? What time of day do they "throw the fish"?

Thanks

Yes, you are allowed to check in then leave again, so long as you are back between 1:30 and 2:00 pm for repeat security screening. The Market is about half a mile south and three blocks (or one hellaciously long stair case) east of Pier 66.

Pike Place is 5 blocks west of the Sheraton. They toss fish all day long at Pike Place Fish Market.

Hi Karen,

I've enjoyed reading all of your tips and suggestions.

We are on the Golden Princess on Aug 30th. We arrive in Seattle on Aug 29th and have reservations at The Inn on Harbor Steps - which I reserved months and months ago. I liked the location and thought I was done with that part of the planning; however, I've read recent reviews on tripadvisor and wonder if I need to book another place to stay. Do you know anything about this hotel/B&B? Has it gone downhill in recent months? We are really just concerned with cleanliness. Any areas that you would recommend staying in? Preferably $200 or less - since we just want a place to sleep in between the touristy things and before we get on the ship.

Tamara

Yes, you are allowed to check in then leave again, so long as you are back between 1:30 and 2:00 pm for repeat security screening.

Thanks

It sounds like it really wouldn't be worth it. Maybe we will try to hit Pikes in the morning before the cruise.

We need a taxi from the Sheraton to the pier. Can we request mini-van type taxi?

Hi Karen,

I've enjoyed reading all of your tips and suggestions.

We are on the Golden Princess on Aug 30th. We arrive in Seattle on Aug 29th and have reservations at The Inn on Harbor Steps - which I reserved months and months ago. I liked the location and thought I was done with that part of the planning; however, I've read recent reviews on tripadvisor and wonder if I need to book another place to stay. Do you know anything about this hotel/B&B? Has it gone downhill in recent months? We are really just concerned with cleanliness. Any areas that you would recommend staying in? Preferably $200 or less - since we just want a place to sleep in between the touristy things and before we get on the ship.

Tamara

It's not a hotel, it's an apartment building that just sets aside a few of their furnished apartments for transient guests. As for the cleanliness, I really couldn't say, because they use their inhouse staff and that can fluctuate on any given day--i.e. they use their maintenance staff to do the cleaning before check in, and it's often more like staying in a timeshare for the amount of cleaning they do during a stay. Hotel rooms downtown are not generally in the price range that you are looking for, unless you have the nerve to use priceline.com and are lucky enough to find any left this close in to August.

A little outside of downtown proper, you might find a price within your range at Homewood Suites on Western or the new one on Pike, or at the Hampton Inn in Queen Anne.

It's not a hotel, it's an apartment building that just sets aside a few of their furnished apartments for transient guests. As for the cleanliness, I really couldn't say, because they use their inhouse staff and that can fluctuate on any given day--i.e. they use their maintenance staff to do the cleaning before check in, and it's often more like staying in a timeshare for the amount of cleaning they do during a stay. Hotel rooms downtown are not generally in the price range that you are looking for, unless you have the nerve to use priceline.com and are lucky enough to find any left this close in to August.

A little outside of downtown proper, you might find a price within your range at Homewood Suites on Western or the new one on Pike, or at the Hampton Inn in Queen Anne.

I may try priceline - i've never done it for hotels before. I saw rates last night on some hotels around the space needle that weren't much higher than what I've already booked. At this point, I'm willing to pay a little more. I'll look at Hampton & Homewood Suites as well and see what I can find. Thanks for your input. I really don't want to be stressing over the hotel situation - but it looks like I am.:( I need to be stressing over packing my suitcases at this point.

Tam308,

For what it's worth, we were able to get the Westin Seattle for $120 on a Thurs night in June (lowest internet rate $320) by using Priceline. Do your homework on betterbidding.com and/or biddingfortravel.com. Honestly, if I can do it, anyone can! Both sites list possible 4 star hotels in different locations of the city that you probably would end up with, so it's not such a stab in the dark. The downside is that it's paid at the time of booking and non-refundable. However, last year we had to cancel due to flight cancellation and were able to use our travel insurance. Good Luck!

DW, DD4 and I will be arriving early July for a 3 night stay before driving to Vancouver for our cruise. My DW has "decided" on the Silver Cloud Inn, Lake Union.

Any thoughts on this hotel? We will have a rental car, and the hotel does offer shuttle service. Will this work for doing the touristy stuff in Seattle?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Karen... we're getting close now! I think I have just one last question for you. Thanks again in advance - you've been such a BIG help!

I was reading a review of the Homewoods suites on another board & saw a mention of the 'Queen Anne Specialty Market' next door, but the post was a few years old. Any idea if it's still there? That would be terrific to be able to pick up few items so close!

Archived