Question on Towels

NL Cruisers

We are first time cruisers, going on the Triumph this coming Easter 2005. We noticed one person posted copies of the ships paper from a May 2003 trip and we did not understand about the towels.

Is it we are given a deck towel in the morning and have to find a steward to return it to? Or do we just return it to the room and wait for a new one the next day? The paper said "return the towel to the steward or your card will be charged."

We are used to many "land resorts" with towel cards.....any help would be appreciated!

Thanking you in advance,

NL Cruisers

i believe that you are giventowels in your room for shore excursions and this towel has to be returned to the room

there are also towels at the pool area that you just use and leave--you are not accountable for these towels ---they dont want you taking towels from the pool area ashore and leaving them on some beach when you are through with them rather then carry a wet sandy towel back to the ship

if i am mistaken i am sure someone will set me straight

You have to check out towels at the pools on Carnival now. If you do not check them back in you will be charged 22. bucks. Lots more people used these towels to save chairs. Some still do and its sad coz someone can take off with your towel and you will be charged.

In each cabin you will be given towels. When the towels needs to be changed for fresh ones you leave them on the floor and the cabin steward will give you new ones. Each towel you get is accounted for. If one turns up missing you will be charged 22 bucks.

I think posters are confusing beach towels and cabin towels. The beach towels the cabin steward sets out for you the night before reaching port is a very large blue beach towel with the Carnival logo on it. This is the towel you will be charged $22 for if it is not returned to your cabin in the evening.

They ask that you not take these towels to the pool area on the ship. Towels are available at the pool for that purpose.

The much smaller white cabin bath and hand towels are the ones you leave on the floor in the bathroom when you want them replaced. You are not charged for them. My neice accidently threw one in our pop-up clthes hamper and. you know how kids are, when she emptied the hamper into a plastic bag to bring home the towel was in there. We were not charged for the towel or asked about it. It had been in the hamper for several days.

Lots more people used these towels to save chairs. Some still do and its sad coz someone can take off with your towel and you will be charged.

What's sad is that folks continue to feel they are entitled to leave their towel on the chair for 8 hours but only occupy the chair for 30 minutes.

What's sad is that folks continue to feel they are entitled to leave their towel on the chair for 8 hours but only occupy the chair for 30 minutes.

if their towel dissappears and they have to pay for it - i will bet they will never leave a towel on a chair again

if their towel dissappears and they have to pay for it - i will bet they will never leave a towel on a chair again

or steal someone elses

I dont recall getting seperate beach towels on my last cruise on Carnival. All the towels were the same. (senior moment here.. Now I have to check)

Archived