Will this day plan work?

VaBeachCruiser

:confused: On Carnival Inspiration-only in port 7-2. Have booked WaveRunner 2 hour trip at 9am through island marketing with them arranging transportation. So my questions as I am a worry wart!-----

Will I get a tender early enough to make the excursion?

If we take the transportation right back from the resort will we have time for a little shopping or lunch in town before getting in line for tender?

We would love to each at Breezes for lunch but have no idea of how this would work time wise.

I understnad the resort we leave from is off the beaten track.

Thanks in advance for help with my planning!

What time of year will you be cruising? If ship time and island time are the same (in the winter), then I think you'll have no problem making the 9:00 tour. If you get back to the port area around 11:00, (you'll probably have to be in your tender line by 1:15 or maybe earlier) depending on how crowded things are, you probably would have time for lunch. We love Breezes. :)

Breezes is right in the middle of the tender area. It had "Landmark" on the building. Here's a picture. They are located on the 2nd and 3rd (I believe-we never went up there) floors.

http://www.breezesbythebay.com/

Here's the menu from Breezes. I copied this one time we were there (I think it was from our 2006 trip, so the menu may have changed a bit). You have to ask for the "bar menu" if you want to order from it. It had some of the same things without the side dishes and a few other items. The prices are listed in Cayman dollars. :)

Here's the menu from Breezes...

The bar menu isn't listed, but I remember they offered the following...

Coconut Shrimp (without the rice & peas, shoestring veggies and cornbread-it was $9.95, I believe. With the above items is on the regular menu).

Three small cheeseburgers (I think this came with fries.)

Crab cakes

Chicken Fingers

And a few other things, but I don't remember exactly. The bar menu had smaller portions or fewer side items on the menu. More sandwich/snack type things.

Regular Menu

Mango Greens...$8.25

Big Caesar with bacon 'n' garlic toast...$8.25

Cayman style conch Fritters & spicy Island dipping sauce...$6.25

Half pound, Peel 'n' Eat Shrimp! steamed in "Breezes Brew"...$10.95

Crispy Calamari "Misto" with Cho Cho & Pumpkin...$8.25

Curried Caribbean Samosas with yogurt "Raita" (mild) & firecracker jelly (hot)for dipping....$7.95

Classic Caribbean Crab Cakes...$9.25

House smoked Caribbean BBQ Ribs...$8.25

Cayman Conch Chowder bread Bowl with Bacon Crumbles...$6.25

Fresh Mussels! Kettle-cooked, three kinda way! *Creamy white & White wine*

*Mild Marinara Red* or *Lemon, Saffron & Thyme*...$9.95

Whole Fish Escovitch-Caribbean Yellowtail snapper, Island-style...$16.95

Juicy Jerk Glazed Pork Chop with mango chutney & mash...$15.95 (my middle son had this twice, he said it was really good)

Traditional, delicious West Indian Curry Chicken & Shrimp (mild, Island style) served with white rice * a pappadom crisp!...$13.95

Breezes' Kettle-Cooked Tropical Seafood Stew!-our signature spicy hot, "Fish Tea" with plenty of fish, shellfish & and good things. Real Hot...$11.95

10 oz. grilled sirloin o' beef with jerk butter & mash...$16.95

Today's Still Floppin' Fish-grilled-tomato & sweet pepper sauce, rice & peas, and veggie...$15.75

Red Stripe Dinner Plate-jerk chicken & ribs, rice & peas...$13.95

Tuna Melt-fresh grilled tuna steak "BLT" sandwich with jalapeno jack cheese & slaw...$10.50

Grilled sirloin steak & cheese sandwich...$11.95

Jerk chicken sandwich on "freshly baked bread" with cheese & slaw...$8.95

Rasta Pasta Breezes' jerk chicken & island veggies with our creamy three-cheese sauce tossed with seashell pasta...$11.95

Coconut Shrimp with rum/honey dipping sauce, Island-style rice & peas, veggies, and cornbread....$13.75

My e-mail from the company said while we are there-last week of March-ship time an island time are the same-so I guess we will be fine.

I checked the dates for the changes and in 2008 it's March 9 - Nov. 2 (and it's about the same days in 2009). You might check with someone who has been on your ship and see what they do. I find this whole island/ship time confusing. When we were on our last HAL cruise, they had us change our clock to match the islands, and on our Carnival cruise, we were told to not change our clocks and go by the ships time.

I still think you'll be fine no matter what. Tell your waiter the situation and I'm sure they'll be happy to help you out. We had to do this the first time we were on the island. We had a very short time to eat and then hoof it back to the port.

We will be there the end of April and was told 7am ship time is 6am local time. We are booked on the same excursion and was told that we would not have any time problems. Hope you enjoy it I know we are very excited about our excursion.

That sounds right for end of March, and when you are sailing. GC doesn't oberve DS, so between the end of March and up to the first of November, their time is the same as central time here in the US. If you sail out of Galveston, ship time and island time would be the same. But if you sail out of the eastern time zone, what you are saying is how I understand this. :)

The good news is that GC seems to be limiting the number of ships. There was a time when 10-11 ships happened too often each week. From looking at their port authority page, it looks like the most ships there are 7, which is really good. Many days have a lot less.

Have a great time! :)

I love CruiseCritic--thank you all so much--I feel so much better now. Sounds like we are going to be able to all we want and still make the tender back to the boat! And the menu and pictures-thanks so much!

Leaving from Tampa so the company said they are on same time zone as eastern us-which will make it so much easier. Don't consider myself stupd but for some reason this whole island time-ship time doesn't compute for me!

In Coz we are doing Tulum through the cruise line so no worries for me!

Archived