SOS menus?

mkh

Hi All....Haven't been on in so long I forgot all my info and had to re-register!

Does anyone have menus from Sovereign of Seas?

We are going with friends next month and I haven't been able to find a link to any of their dinner menus...

Also..anyone been on her lately..this will be my first RCCL cruise..I know she is an old ship but anly 4 days should be fun anyway!

These boards are so great! Thanks in advance for the info...

MKK

Sun Princess........'03

NCL Sea..............'03

Celebrity Mercury..'02

Celebrity Mercury..'01

Celebrity Mercury..'98

Hi, when are you going? We're on the Oct 4th sailing. We went the same week in Oct last year! Does anyone know if the menus have changed in the last year (Since last Oct)?. Heard a rumor they were going to change to Fresh water in the pools, has this happened? Thanks

We were on the 8/31 sailing.

The pool was saltwater, not freshwater.

The first part of the cruise, we had old menus, but on our "extended" portion we had new menus. To be honest, I liked the selection on the old ones better. The new ones didn't have the alternate dinner selections, or show dessert selections. We were told one selection for dessert, had to ask if there were any others.

The ship IS old, but despite that, we had a great time. Be prepared - the cabins are small! The service was excellent - no complaints there. We're considering booking for early next year, after the refurbishment.

Hi Everyone...Sorry..when I started this thread I got a little carried away when I said we were going next month!..Guess Sept isn't over yet..We are going Nov 1st...still no menus from anyone?

I'm sure all you Oct folks will have a great time..Have fun!

How long ago did you get your docs?

We have a place in No.Carolina that we are leaving for on the 10th of Oct and won't be back here in FL til a day or two before we go on the cruise...kind of hoping to get the docs BEFORE we leave for NC...

I did a week sailing on the SOS Aug 27- Sept 3 and even though she is the oldest ship, what a wonderful time you will have. Especially if it is your first cruise because you will have nothing tocompare it to. I sailed on the Radiance class prior to her so for me it was a big difference but had the time of my life, nonetheless.

As for menus, It was pretty much your standard RCI menu. The meals offered were : Prime Rib, Beef Tenderloin, chicken Marsala, Salmon, a few differnt pasta dishes, shrimp cocktail, scallop risotto (delicious), another shrimp dish, as well as all of your alternates, like Rosemary Chickem, Ranch steak, etc...

You then have a choice of 3 different desserts and coffees. Have the warm chocolate cake- it was heaven!

Hope this helps a little. Unfortunately there was no lobster offered, although there was a lobster bisque.

Not my first cruise by any means..just first on RCCL and the shortest one I've ever been on...figured the menus would not be as elaborate as longer voyages...no lobster and probably no escargot either..oh well..should be a good time..any cruise is better than none at all!

Just read over my posts on this topic and TRULY DID NOT MEAN TO SOUND SOO SNOBBY!!

I'm so grateful to everyone who responds to these boards..such a wealth of info!

I really didn't mean to come accross that way!:)

Archived