Advice - Grand out of Galveston

morganrp

Judy, go to the Princess Roll Call boards and there is a post by HeartofTexas regarding this cruise. I think this week had the cheapest rates for the month of January. I have never been on the Grand but sailed Crown Princess in 1994 and Sun Princess in '96 and am happy to be going back on a Princess ship. Hope you will be sailing with us!

Elaine

Well be leaving from Galveston in December for the New Year's cruise. It will be our fourth cruise on the Grand. We have always had a great time on the ship. It will be spending a couple weeks getting refreshed next month, so I'm hoping to find the ship in wonderful condition with hopefully some new surprises to discover.

Well be leaving from Galveston in December for the New Year's cruise. It will be our fourth cruise on the Grand. We have always had a great time on the ship. It will be spending a couple weeks getting refreshed next month, so I'm hoping to find the ship in wonderful condition with hopefully some new surprises to discover.

Sponge...she's getting movies under the stars...looking forward to that.

Taking a 5 day the first part of November..will let you all know how it goes...and how she looks :)

We were thinking about taking the Grand out of Galveston also. Can anyone tell me how the shuttle/taxi/etc from the airport to the cruise port is? How long it takes and what time to fly back if the ship is back in port at 7am? Thanks in advance.

We were thinking about taking the Grand out of Galveston also. Can anyone tell me how the shuttle/taxi/etc from the airport to the cruise port is? How long it takes and what time to fly back if the ship is back in port at 7am? Thanks in advance.

It's @ 70 miles from Galveston to IAH so taxi prices would be prohibitive. if you have a day or so to spend, you might consider a rental car. But be aware that the rental companies in Galveston are closed on Sundays. There also are a number of limo and shuttle services available. You can get a list by simply doing a Mapquest search for IAH. You might try the RCI and Carnival boards to find out how well their Galveston cruise line transfers work out. Considering the distance and drive time, that might be your best bet for same day transport.

Actually the car rental places are now offering services for cruises on Sunday departures.Enterprise is,as is Hertz. You will need to call the local office directly,as last I checked,the National number was not handling this for them.

I have the information from our travel agent. We will fly into Hobby Airport and the Princess transfers are $66 each for both ways. If we stay at the Holiday Inn on the Beach in Galveston($75) it is a $50 cabfare from the airport to the hotel and a free shuttle from the airport to the pier. Then we would pay $33 each for transfers back from the pier to the airport.

I figured it is less than $60 to stay over - and priceless piece of mind. Now to convince my hubby!

Actually the car rental places are now offering services for cruises on Sunday departures.Enterprise is,as is Hertz. You will need to call the local office directly,as last I checked,the National number was not handling this for them.

Sorry about the Sunday closing statement. My info is outdated. I should have realized that the car rentals would respond to the increasing number of cruise pax.

Archived