Memorable 1st Time Cruise Experiences

CruisinMermaid

My first cruise was free for me and my hubby. My company paid for it. I am so glad I went on that trip. I have motion sickness very bad and would never have booked a cruise on my own. My boss turned me on to Bonine and I did not get seasick.

We had a separate sail and sign card that gave us unlimited free drinks.

But then my husband and I both got a terrilbe cold and severe sore throats. The ships doctor just told us to go into port in Mexico because you didn't need a presciption to get antibiotics. My husband took them, but I was afraid too.

Overall it was a great experience, except for the soar throat. We now take the whole family on a cruise every couple of years. I would like to go more, but that will have to wait until retirement.

Our first cruise was in 1988 on the Festivale out of San Juan. Just the excitement of the whole thing was overwhelming. Seeing the ship for the first time.

Going to the dining room and being able to order anything...and not knowing that if you wanted to have 2 of something you could!

It has hooked us and I think our Miracle cruise in april will be our 20th cruise. We have never regretted cruising!

Too many to just pick one: arriving in Port Canaveral the day before, seeing all the cruise ships, knowing we'd be on one the next day, then actually seeing our ship, stepping on board the first time, the horn, the food, Nassau in the rain, Castaway Cay. It was only a 4-day, but it hooked us all!

Archived