Kids OK on Jolly Pirates???

glrydays

I would give the Jolly Pirates a high recommendation. THIS IS NOT A BOOZE CRUISE. Yes some were drinking, but it was not a bg deal at all. There were plenty of other kids on the boat. We had 6 (grandparents, my wife and I and 14 yo son and 10 yo girl).

If you enjoy snorkeling, and just a beautiful day on the watero I'd g Jolly Pirates. The cover on the aft of the boat was a huge difference, and I noticed quite a few of the other "snorkel" pirate boats did not have that.

If we ever do Aruba again we'll definately do the Jolly Pirates.

I went on the JP snorkel cruise last week.The boat is nice, the crew seemed a bit tired.

The liquor they serve is pure rotgut. That wasn't the only reason I went on board. Of course to see the fish was number 1. The snorkel sights were mediocre at best. The sunken ship is more of a dive site. I think Arubalisa will give an honest opinion with her experience of snorkel and diving. I think there must be better sites to see under the water on Aruba. These guys should go somewhere else.

AGREED. I would not hesitate to take my kids on Jolly Pirate.

Two weeks ago we headed to MooMba Beach on Palm Beach for Jolly Pirates' "Sail, Snorkel, Swim, and Swing" from 9:30am to 2:30pm. You can easily get to Palm Beach via taxi for $10 or via local bus for $1.30 per person. There is a free shuttle from the ship to the cruise ship terminal. To catch a bus, simply exit the terminal, turn right, and cross the street to the Bus Terminal --- an orange building with white columns and benches. Take the #10 "Hotels" bus. Palm Beach has several stops. Get off at the Holiday Inn, walk through the lobby to the beach, turn right, walk about 100 yards to MooMba Beach. Jolly Pirate's office is just behind the large thatched roof beach bar. Check-in for Jolly Pirates was at 9am. It's $53 per person (less a 15% online booking discount) plus tip. We set sail in a pirate ship for three snorkel sites: two reefs and a WWII sunken German cargo ship. We also got to enjoy swinging off the ship into the ocean. We were fed a very tasty lunch which included pork ribs, chicken skewers, pasta salad, slaw, fried banana and a roll. The free bar offering up rum, whisky, Pirate Poisson, Pina Colada, sodas and water, was open the entire trip. Snorkels, masks, vests, and fins were provided. This is a very fun excursion for all ages. Recommended! Hint: if you are just looking for a nice beach, consider Eagle Beach which is on the way to Palm Beach.

Here are more of our Secrets of the Caribbean!

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

These are our very detailed personal reviews, hints, and tips for ports of call that you will be visiting.

We just got back two weeks ago and had a very fun time with Jolly Pirates.

We headed to MooMba Beach on Palm Beach for Jolly Pirates' "Sail, Snorkel, Swim, and Swing" from 9:30am to 2:30pm. You can easily get to Palm Beach via taxi for $10 or via local bus for $1.30 per person. There is a free shuttle from the ship to the cruise ship terminal. To catch a bus, simply exit the terminal, turn right, and cross the street to the Bus Terminal --- an orange building with white columns and benches. Take the #10 "Hotels" bus. Palm Beach has several stops. Get off at the Holiday Inn, walk through the lobby to the beach, turn right, walk about 100 yards to MooMba Beach. Jolly Pirate's office is just behind the large thatched roof beach bar. Check-in for Jolly Pirates was at 9am. It's $53 per person (less a 15% online booking discount) plus tip. We set sail in a pirate ship for three snorkel sites: two reefs and a WWII sunken German cargo ship. We also got to enjoy swinging off the ship into the ocean. We were fed a very tasty lunch which included pork ribs, chicken skewers, pasta salad, slaw, fried banana and a roll. The free bar offering up rum, whisky, Pirate Poisson, Pina Colada, sodas and water, was open the entire trip. Snorkels, masks, vests, and fins were provided. This is a very fun excursion for all ages. Recommended! Hint: if you are just looking for a nice beach, consider Eagle Beach which is on the way to Palm Beach.

Here are more of our Secrets of the Caribbean!

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

These are our very detailed personal reviews, hints, and tips for ports of call that you will be visiting.

• 2 weeks later...
I went on the JP snorkel cruise last week.The boat is nice, the crew seemed a bit tired.

The liquor they serve is pure rotgut. That wasn't the only reason I went on board. Of course to see the fish was number 1. The snorkel sights were mediocre at best. The sunken ship is more of a dive site. I think Arubalisa will give an honest opinion with her experience of snorkel and diving. I think there must be better sites to see under the water on Aruba. These guys should go somewhere else.

I believe the Jolly Pirate guys are probably getting very tired by this point in the very busy tourist season. We went with them in September (low Season) and the tour was without a doubt one of the top three excursions we've been on out of 13 or so cruises. They put on an unbelievable rope swing acrobatic show that was really something to see, plus they worked nonstop the entire cruise doing everything from serving food and drinks to fun line dances. We went back again in February and while the tour was still fun and well worth the money it was different than our prior experience. I've heard due to a family illness or something that most of the guys are working several tours a day seven days a week and they did seem to be tired. Also our captain was different second time around.

The snorkeling in Aruba is okay, but not like in St Thomas or Curacao. In my opinion the wind, sun and just being on the boat is enough for a good time. We'll definitely go back again when we're in Aruba.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
loved ur photo of javier! Hope u don't mind that I uploaded him on our website gallery. feel free to send those photos off the rope swing! I wld love to add these too!

Is Javier his name? I will change it on the photo. He is so funny and cute. He really made sure everyone had a great time.

• 1 month later...

Archived