A restaurant to celebrate a wedding?

KTG UK

Hi,

We are getting married on the beach in Maui on 28th Aug, Its very quiet only 10 of us.

I was wondering if anyone had an suggestions where we can eat that evening. We are staying at the Westin Maui.

Thanks Katie x

These are a few of our fave restaurants in that area:

In Lahaina: Longhi's, we always seem to eat here once a trip.

Bubba Gumps: same, this is a fun place, I know they have these restaurants in the U.S., but being from Canada we don't have them here so it's a treat to visit.

In Kaanapali: We like the Castaway Cafe and the Tropica in your hotel is nice as well.

Don't forget to have a shave ice with ice cream in the bottom and a snow cap on top (sweet condensed milk)!! YUM!!!

Congratulations on your wedding.:D

Cindra

These are a few of our fave restaurants in that area:

In Lahaina: Longhi's, we always seem to eat here once a trip.

Bubba Gumps: same, this is a fun place, I know they have these restaurants in the U.S., but being from Canada we don't have them here so it's a treat to visit.

In Kaanapali: We like the Castaway Cafe and the Tropica in your hotel is nice as well.

Don't forget to have a shave ice with ice cream in the bottom and a snow cap on top (sweet condensed milk)!! YUM!!!

Congratulations on your wedding.:D

Cindra

Brilliant thank you.

I am copying all these and emailing them to myself so i dont forget.

x

Plantation House in Kapalua. Easy to get to from Kaanapali. A gorgeous setting for a very special dinner, especially at sunset. When I was there a few years back, food and service were excellent. If it's still good, then it's a perfect place for an elegant dinner. Expensive as I remember, but you don't celebrate a wedding everyday. Mama's Fish House is fun, but too crowded and too noisy for a wedding dinner.

It kind of depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a quiet fancy place with excellent food, something like David Pauls would be nice. If you are looking for the tropical island ambiance with views of the sunset, then Pacific O's or Leilanis would be good choices. Mama's (on the other side of the island) is great with great photo ops. Hula Girl (right next to Leilani's) is a little less romantic and more upbeat. Nice thing about Leilani's is you can just walk down from your hotel and it is a short, beautiful walk.

Lots of great choices so what kind of a night are you looking for?

It kind of depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a quiet fancy place with excellent food, something like David Pauls would be nice. If you are looking for the tropical island ambiance with views of the sunset, then Pacific O's or Leilanis would be good choices. Mama's (on the other side of the island) is great with great photo ops. Hula Girl (right next to Leilani's) is a little less romantic and more upbeat. Nice thing about Leilani's is you can just walk down from your hotel and it is a short, beautiful walk.

Lots of great choices so what kind of a night are you looking for?

Thank you all for this great advice.

There will be 10 of us all together, we want something thats got great views, fantastic food and maby quiet not to crowded. (Not asking alot am i?)

Thanks x

We stayed at the Sheraton which is a little farther down the boardwalk from you, and we loved walking down to Hula Girls and Leilani's. Leilani's is more quiet then Hula Girl (which will have live music). Both have great views of the sunset. Pacific O's also has great views, but you will have to drive into Lahaina.

I love eating to a beautiful sunset!:)

Archived