Air boats?

VTcruisenut

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I did find some one who's done this in Belize--over on the Cozumel board. :eek: I was looking at info on the royal dolphin swim and she had posted a link to her pictures and low and behold they had done the air boats. I posted to the thread and asked her about it. So maybe we'll hear something soon.

Hi everyone. Thought I'd pop over here and write what I wrote on the Cozumel board in response to PopTarts inquiry about the air boat

We actually ended up with the airboat in Belize by total accident. We were scheduled for a snorkle trip and the water was so rough, all water excursions were cancelled. In fact, our stay in Belize was shortened because it took them a very long time to position the ship so that they could even get passengers on the tenders.

When our excursion was cancelled, it was a mad dash to the excursion desk and of course, not much was left. The tour of the city and the airboat seemed interesting so we booked it. And we really enjoyed it. The tour guide on the bus was very friendly and knowledgeable and we learned a lot about Belize.

The airboat was a lot of fun. Believe me, it can really MOVE. But it's not frightening, just plain fun. I enjoy seeing natural things so the marsh's were interesting to me although the only wildlife we saw were lots of birds and one baby alligator.

It was a very nice tour and I would recommend it for all ages however I think there is an age limit on it because you do have to wear ear protection due to the noise of the airboat, so very young children might not be able to go.

Some additional notes:

I don't know how fast they actually go but they are fun for sure. When they are approaching a corner, the driver does NOT let off the throttle and everyone needs to lean in order for the boat to skid around the bend. It's not dangerous at all, very stable and is the best part of the whole ride.

Regarding seeing Manatee's...didn't happen. They show you the lagoon where the manatee's feed, and tell you about them, but we didn't see any so I wouldn't count on that.

Any more questions, just let me know. There are a few pictures of the airboat excursion in my photo's. They are labeled so you can just scroll through the thumbnails until you see them.

Hi everyone. Thought I'd pop over here and write what I wrote on the Cozumel board in response to PopTarts inquiry about the air boat

Thank you so much! Your review and pictures are very helpful.

Aiden is adorable too!!!

Archived