Race fantastique

sixgun8

Possibly soon to be called "the Amazing Cozumel Race"

Guys, I cannot speak highly enough of this excursion. We had a blast. We can't give a lot of details because it would give up the game.

I'll say this. If you are shying away from this because of concern of physicality, Don't be concerned. All you have to do is walk. You don't have to swim if you don't want to. You can look out the glass bottom of the boat.

If you are thinking you are going to get lost in Cozumel, then again don't be concerned. They give you a cell phone and at any time if you think you are lost or feel like you are in a bad area you call for help.

The hosts, Florian and Michelle were outstanding!! They are so FUN. I can highly recommend this excursion.

BTW we came in second.

is this an excursion through the cruiseline or on your own? If on your own do you have info on price and contact info?

Right now it is available through Carnival only, but they told us that the first year has been going so well that they are going to open it up to the other ships in the carnival family. It was $81. per person and considering some of the extras you get it was well worth it. Drinks, other knick knacks and such. And again the hosts were so awesome. We even had a small complaint about one of the clues and it's location and the host quietly came over to ask if it was something we thought was unfair on the part of the person in charge of the clue or if we thought they were being shady in any way. Just like the TV show you have to look for flags and some of them are difficult to find, especially on a windy day. They said it might be about another month before it is fully available to the carnival family and it may be under the name "the Amazing Cozumel Race"

Hi Sixgun;

Great review - we're sailing on the Legend in 2 days with two other couples and one of them booked the Race in Cozumel. They were a little nervous about it until I sent them your review. They're really excited about it now. Thanks for your review!

I would think teenagers would love it. there is some athletism involved, but my wife participated, so piece of cake. A lot of walking, fast or slow, Some education involved, but not too boring.

Hi,

We are big Amazng race fans and this sounds so fun! We were planning on going to Paradise beach that day...I wonder if I could do it with my 2 older kids...ages 13 and 15...and then go to the beach with my hubby and 3 other children. ANy thoughts??

Thank you,

sandi

We started the race at about 10AM after instructions and all that. We were slightly late getting in that morning. We were on our own excursion over by 1 or so, that was after eating lunch at the restaurant, which I highly recommend.

The Valor left at 4ish, the conquest leaves at 6? plenty of time if you are on the quest or don't particularly care for spending a lot of time on the beach

• 1 year later...

We are big Amazing Race fan and want to do this excursion soooo bad. Does anyone know if someone who is confined to a power chair can do this excursion? There will be other able body people with us.

Thanks for all the great info. I am seriously considering this too. We are traveling with my 12 year old daughter and 17 year old son, also were thinking about having 2 of our friends try to get on our team, do you know if they just let you have 6 on a team? Also, it's listed now as The Amazing Cozumel Race and it's $70.00 each, wonder why they changed the price?

Annie

Archived