Port Canaveral Question - please stop in if you will...

I hope I don't offend anyone by posting this here since it's not a 'cruise' question per se, but it has to do with my catching the Mariner.

Anyhow! I was hoping someone could help me - I'm getting married the night before our cruise (obviously our honeymoon!) and I would like to take some of the pictures from our night before with us on the cruise to see.

There's so much going on during a wedding and reception you hardly have time to breathe much less see everything as everyone else is. That being said, a family friend is taking pictures with my digital all day and night long and I plan on getting them printed at Ritz Camera.

My question is (finally!) is there some place in Port Canaveral that will print pictures while you wait? I.E. I would normally take them to Ritz to be printed before we caught our flight, but if worse came to worse, I could always do it in Port Canaveral.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

They have a 24hr Walmart in town. They also have several Eckerd's (changing to Brown's) drug stores that have the Pics while you wait option. Ask the front desk of where you are staying where the closest or most convient place is to you.

Good luck on future marriage and your cruise! Watch out for the "motion on the ocean"! ;)

Jacquelyn :D

Since you are taking pictures with a digital, may I suggest that you do not erase that disk until you can get your pictures printed at a Ritz. They really do make the best prints. Go ahead and develope them for the cruise, and then you can pick your favorites to be developed correctly when you return from your honeymoon.

Best wishes!!!:)

Since you are taking pictures with a digital, may I suggest that you do not erase that disk until you can get your pictures printed at a Ritz. They really do make the best prints. Go ahead and develope them for the cruise, and then you can pick your favorites to be developed correctly when you return from your honeymoon.

Best wishes!!!:)

You and I think alike my dear...;)

I'm a Ritz junkie when it comes to my pictures. My plan of action is to stop by and burn all the pictures to a cd before leaving for our hotel that night. Then, they'll be on our pc, on a cd, and they can be deleted from the card when we get them printed in Port Canaveral. At worst, I'll give the drug store pictures to friends as keepsakes, and then reprint the good ones at Ritz like you said.

I just want to see the damn things when we go. :rolleyes:

At the risk of sounding stupid, where exactly is Merritt Island from Port Canaveral? I've never been out of Philadelphia except once, so how would I go about getting from the airport to Merritt Island and then to Port? Eek! Am I insane? :p

Thank you so so much for all of the help everyone!

as you go over the 1st big bridge on 528 the road from the airport and before you go over the 2nd big bridge to teh port that land there is Merritt Island if yu ared at the port and look west you will see a bridge and then land that land is Medrritt island.. you go over Merrit ISland to get to the port... bridge-island(MERRITT ISLAND) -bridge big turn to the cruise terminals draw bridge cruise!!!!!!!

Here's a map with the star on the Merritt Island Wal Mart. Zoom in for more detail or out to orient yourself with respect to the rest of Florida. Which airport are you flying into?

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=0MDLhhpwurY%3d&longitude=OUjFXfgOkh4%3d&name=Wal%2dMart%20Supercenter&countryid=250&country=US&address=1500%20E%20Merritt%20Island%20Cswy&city=Merritt%20Island&state=FL&zipcode=32952&phone=321%2d452%2d6058&cat=wal%20mart&spurl=0&searchtype=GenSearch

(If the giant link doesn't work, just go to http://www.mapquest.com and search for "Merritt Island, FL".)

Here's a map with the star on the Merritt Island Wal Mart. Zoom in for more detail or out to orient yourself with respect to the rest of Florida. Which airport are you flying into?

(If the giant link doesn't work, just go to http://www.mapquest.com and search for "Merritt Island, FL".)

Thanks! Um...we don't know which airport yet, we haven't booked our flight. But we're leaving from Port Canaveral, is there a normal airport you would fly into?

You could theoretically fly into Melbourne, but Orlando is the practical answer. As ruttie said, just take the Beeline (528) straight from the airport to the port. This is a toll road, so it's easier if you have some change.

I hate to throw you a curve here but is the Mariner going to leave from Port C anyhow? The hurricanes dumped a lot of sand in the channel and last I heard, the Mariner was boarding down at Ft. Lauderdale and people were being bussed back and forth. You should check to be sure. Mariner has an unusally deep draft due to its size and configuration and Port C lost about 10 feet of depth in the last hurricane.

WKA

Archived