Jade -Jan 09

Rahi

Can someone else go on NCL's site and see if you could reserve a room, any room for Jan 09.. it is saying to me this..

"We're sorry, we no longer have any categories that accommodate your number of guests. Please select another sailing date or itinerary. To book multiple staterooms, please call us at 866.234.7350".

Now I am really worried.. or is it a fluke?

The last date I can get reservation on is this one..I called NCL's -TA, and she tried, and she could not. She said she has no idea what is going on.

12-Day Mediterranean Barcelona Round-trip

Details and Availability Ship: Norwegian Jade

Embarkation Port: Barcelona

Ports of call: Barcelona; Malaga; Casablanca; Agadir; Lanzarote; Gran Canaria; Lisbon; Cadiz; Gibraltar; Palma

2008: Nov 18

Cruise Fares From *:

Inside - $1,219 Oceanview - $1,599 Balcony - $2,099 Suite - $2,699

Now....this is making me nervous because there is another thread about a "rumor" of the Jade staying over seas next year. I was hoping it was only that, just a rumor. Now, who knows what is going on.

~Jo~

I just tried too and got the same message for the February 2009 Jade sailings. "We're sorry, we no longer have any categories that accommodate your number of guests...." And I'm booked on the Feb 5th sailing from NYC which had plenty of empty cabins just yesterday. Called my TA, who called NCL while I waited, and she was unable to get any info from a supervisor she talked to at NCL. I hate to say it, but I'm guessing the rumors are true.

What kills me is .. why not notify all those that are booked on the Jade -US trips? They have my deposit, and I can't do anything now til I get that back:(( Will it take long now for them to notify us all? I booked through a TA, btw.. Thanks

I checked my reservation number on NCL.com, all comes up normally but when I go to NCL or Travelocity for booking, nothing available as others have said.....

I don't like that little feeling I'm getting....

~Jo~

Maybe the Jade will be returning to Hawaii now that the Aloha will leave this May? Or possibly moving to Houston, assuming NCL has decided to return to a brand new cruise terminal. Anything could be up, including remaining in Europe.

Somethings up, I just don't know what it is.

Can you still book the 7 day Florida and Bahamas cruises from New York sailing in December?

If yes, why can you if the Jade isn't leaving Europe.

If no, maybe it is staying in Europe.

If yes, maybe it's going somewhere else?

Also, NCL may be reading their PVSA exemption closely again, where sailing her to the Caribbean is a big no-no, I don't think the PVSA exemption specifically stated it had to be sailing under the Amercan flag at the time for the ban to be enforced. It's possible that sailing her to the Caribbean will prevent any chance of reflaging her under the American flag a second time. Possibly, I'm not sure exactly how the exemption reads. Just a thought. Keeping the Jade in Europe wouldn't affect that possibility at all.

It looks like we all need to find another cruise. It is too much of a coincidence that the Jade is the only ship you can not book and the rumor surfacing. I am not mad about this, because this gives me ample time to find a cruise on RCCL that week. NCL had the courtesy not to blindside me this time.

Well I am mad, but only because they have not told the people that put down 800.00 on the trip to hold it. I can't cancel it yet, cause place I booked it through will charge me 100.00:( Who would get word first?- the TA's from various travel agencies, or us the people?

• Administrators
It looks like we all need to find another cruise. It is too much of a coincidence that the Jade is the only ship you can not book and the rumor surfacing. I am not mad about this, because this gives me ample time to find a cruise on RCCL that week. NCL had the courtesy not to blindside me this time.

I agree with you on this one (we've had a different view on another sailing; that's okay, the circumstances were a bit different). I think I smell a big RAT when NCL has changed their website to give a "blah, blah" message to those trying to book these cruises on the Jade. I wouldn't have said that a month ago, as I'd have attributed it to the fact that their IT staff is totally incompetent and has been for years -- but that was before NCL pulled the exact same garbage with Hawaii itineraries and the Pride of America and Pride of Aloha.

I have a feeling this is their new modus operandi... a few weeks of ambiguous autobooking messages, phone reps who know jack, and then a big ol' press release bomb with a sugar coating from the PR types. :(

I agree with you on this one (we've had a different view on another sailing; that's okay, the circumstances were a bit different). I think I smell a big RAT when NCL has changed their website to give a "blah, blah" message to those trying to book these cruises on the Jade. I wouldn't have said that a month ago, as I'd have attributed it to the fact that their IT staff is totally incompetent and has been for years -- but that was before NCL pulled the exact same garbage with Hawaii itineraries and the Pride of America and Pride of Aloha.

I have a feeling this is their new modus operandi... a few weeks of ambiguous autobooking messages, phone reps who know jack, and then a big ol' press release bomb with a sugar coating from the PR types. :(

I agree. Besides holding my $1600 deposit for the past 8 months.

If you go to NCL's website and try to book the Jade from Jan.-March it says it leaves from New York, but the ports are Barcelona, Rome, etc.

We're booked for March 2009 and I was so excited because I love the itinerary AND we were moving up from a balcony cabin to a mini-suite. So I went online to look at it as suggested, and sure enough...it says 11-day Western Caribbean out of NY...but lists all European ports. I then called NCL (who did this booking for me) and the guy said he could see my booking # and everything seemed in order & suggested I speak to the IT people, that maybe it was a computer-loading glitch. I don't think so.

I don't have a good feeling about this.:(

Cruise Details 4/9/09

Pricing & Availability Itinerary Details Ship Details Hotel Packages Getting There

Below is the itinerary for the cruise you have chosen and information about the ports of call you'll be visiting.

DayPortArriveDepartFri Barcelona 5:00 AM7:00 PMSat At Sea--Sun Rome (Civitavecchia) 8:00 AM8:00 PMMon At Sea--Tue Athens (Piraeus) 11:00 AM8:00 PMWed Ephesus (Izmir) 8:00 AM5:00 PMThu At Sea--Fri

Sat Alexandria 7:00 AM

-Overnight

6:00 PM_EC_jd_NY-NY_10d.gif

We're booked for March 2009 and I was so excited because I love the itinerary AND we were moving up from a balcony cabin to a mini-suite. So I went online to look at it as suggested, and sure enough...it says 11-day Western Caribbean out of NY...but lists all European ports. I then called NCL (who did this booking for me) and the guy said he could see my booking # and everything seemed in order & suggested I speak to the IT people, that maybe it was a computer-loading glitch. I don't think so.

I don't have a good feeling about this.:(

I love that excuse!

Went to look at my reservation on the NCL website and this is what is listed:

Cruise:10-Day Eastern Caribbean Round-trip New York

Ship:Norwegian Jade

Embarkation:Mar 19, 2009

Disembarkation:Mar 29, 2009

Embarkation port:New York City

Ports of call:Barcelona; Casablanca; Agadir; Gran Canaria; Funchal;

CV well while speaking to their IT people will you ask them why my Transatlantic cruise no longer goes from Barcelona to NYC? It now just goes to Barcelona; Rome (Civitavecchia); Athens (Piraeus); Ephesus (Izmir); Alexandria; Valletta. Hell it doesn't even hit the Atlantic... No notification, no nothing. I just called my terrific TA and gave her a heads up. Prepare for the brown stuff to hit the fan!

I just emailed Colin Veitch and Crane Gladding to voice my displeasure about the manner in which this is being done. I feel since they are simply doing this to milk a different cash cow, and there is no mechanical issue etc... forcing them to make these changes, they should do more to accomodate the passengers of these sailings, then just allowing them to cancel (big whooop)! Especially in our case when airfare to Barcelona from the U.S. (one way) for four people easily tops $2000.So if I want to make the best of this very crappy situation and make it into a land trip, I have to purchase more one way tickets to return, or if I want to do the Med Trip that they had the gall to change my reservation to without even notifying me first, I still have to pay to get home from there.

This is not the way to run a business.

I just emailed Colin Veitch and Crane Gladding to voice my displeasure about the manner in which this is being done. I feel since they are simply doing this to milk a different cash cow, and there is no mechanical issue etc... forcing them to make these changes, they should do more to accomodate the passengers of these sailings, then just allowing them to cancel (big whooop)! Especially in our case when airfare to Barcelona from the U.S. (one way) for four people easily tops $2000.So if I want to make the best of this very crappy situation and make it into a land trip, I have to purchase more one way tickets to return, or if I want to do the Med Trip that they had the gall to change my reservation to without even notifying me first, I still have to pay to get home from there.

This is not the way to run a business.

Okay, I don't get your comment on voicing "your displeasure on how this is being done". As another poster pointed out, if it weren't for the coincidence of a CC poster going to a trade show and happening to speak w/ an NCL rep and posting it here, we wouldn't be remotely aware that any of this was going on.

NCL hasn't made an official move in any way, shape, or form, so you (and I) have no clue how they're handling this or if we'll be happy with the outcome or compensation or not.

I for one will wait until they have made an official announcement until I begin vilifying NCL's management and handling of this situation.

Archived