Any snorkeling in the Med?

bogotababe

My niece and I are doing an eastern Med cruise this summer. Are there any snorkeling options in the Greek Isles? Looks like 99% of the comments on this board are on the Caribbean. Didn't know if it's because the Caribbean is closer or because there's no snorkeling in the Med.

My niece and I are doing an eastern Med cruise this summer. Are there any snorkeling options in the Greek Isles? Looks like 99% of the comments on this board are on the Caribbean. Didn't know if it's because the Caribbean is closer or because there's no snorkeling in the Med.

We did a Med cruise last August and I don't think anyone on the ship did any snorkeling. It's a very port intensive itinerary so we were spending most of our days shlepping about cities, museums, and ruins. We went to the beach in Mykonos but it didn't look like a great place to snorkel.

Hi,

I scuba dived in the Med. off Spain, and if it was any indication of the rest of the Med. I'd think snorkeling/diving would be poor. I know my friends in Europe go to the Red Sea (with all the strife and issues) instead of the Med. so my guess would be it's not a great spot. However, I only had one point of comparison.

Randall

We were booked on a reposition out of Barcelona last year and looked into diving. There were several diver operators south of Barcelona that offered diving, just not in December. I am thinking it sounded like deep dives though, so snorkeling may not be good.

Archived