general question regarding online TA's

DonnaK

OK - I know it's against the rules to recommend a specific TA, so that's not what I am asking here.

What I'd like to know is how to go about screening the online TAs to determine who is reputable or not.

I used cruisecompare and got several quotes. All are within the same range, and are about 10% less than booking directly with the cruise line )Princess).

Is it worth saving the 10%, or is it too risky? How can I figure this out, and choose which online agency to go with?

Or should I just book directly and consider the different in price the cost of not being so confused/overwhlemed by all the choices.?

OK - I know it's against the rules to recommend a specific TA, so that's not what I am asking here.

What I'd like to know is how to go about screening the online TAs to determine who is reputable or not.

I used cruisecompare and got several quotes. All are within the same range, and are about 10% less than booking directly with the cruise line )Princess).

Is it worth saving the 10%, or is it too risky? How can I figure this out, and choose which online agency to go with?

Or should I just book directly and consider the different in price the cost of not being so confused/overwhlemed by all the choices.?

We have used 3 different online TA's and have had only one small problem. To be honest it was my fault. I can think of 5 or 6 sites that I would use in a heartbeat.

I would recommend searching several Online TA's (cruise broker) for your cruise with exact-

- date, ship, cabin selection. Compare prices.

Then, call them. Ask for a quote. You'll be surprised that they will even offer you a lower fare, than their website.

Do you already have a local TA that you know and trust? If you do, take your best quote over to them and see if they'll match it. You'll get your best deal, and you'll be working with someone locally who you have some faith in.

Do you already have a local TA that you know and trust? If you do, take your best quote over to them and see if they'll match it. You'll get your best deal, and you'll be working with someone locally who you have some faith in.

I never think it's fair to price match. Either they offer a price or they don't. I've had good luck using the site you did.

Typically, I either email or call the agent bidding to confirm the quote and make sure the cabin selection is correct. A lot of them have brick and mortar locations as well. I kinda go with my gut feeling and so far, so good. On my last bid, I did not like the one's with no price as I believe one started with the Christian theme offering a donation back to a charity. As a result, I don't know if I'll use that site again as I want quotes not solitations regardless of the gimmick.

Our experience in dealing with a small local T/A is that we were just getting the rack rate that anyone can get at anytime. Then when we got some online pricing we were made to feel bad about that … it may just be the attitude of the T/A or a personality conflict but we after all were paying the bill.

So what we do now is get some online pricing then we go to a T/A who was recommend to us. His company is international in nature, operates both online and brick & mortar. They also have the capability of purchasing blocks of cabins on cruises which they discount to clients. The result is this particular T/A has met or beat any pricing we have found on line.

Archived