Advantage of Booking Onboard

I know this has been discussed before, but the search is down :( and I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to answer a quick question. We are crusing next week and I'm considering booking a 3/4 night cruise while we are onboard. Is there really an advantage to booking onboard or is it just as convenient for me to book with my TA?

Thanks for the responses! :)

There are two ways to book on board

1. book a specific cruise and pay the regular deposit based on the length of the cruise and then receive on board credit for the new cruise based on the length of the cruise. 3-5 nights=50$, 6-9 nights=$100 and 10+ nights =200$. The OBC can be used like cash on the cruise.

2. Next cruise option, no specific cruise, book under one name only for $100 NON-refundable deposit, never expires. The OBC will be applied once the cruise is booked. And when the cruise is booked you will have to pay the regular deposit amount based on the length-100$ deposit

Both of these options allow for changing the cruise dates/ship as long as you keep the same booking number.

I know this has been discussed before, but the search is down :( and I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to answer a quick question. We are crusing next week and I'm considering booking a 3/4 night cruise while we are onboard. Is there really an advantage to booking onboard or is it just as convenient for me to book with my TA?

Thanks for the responses! :)

You can still deal with a TA even if you do either of the above Next Cruise Program bookings. On our Nov. cruise we did #2 and left it as a direct booking with RC but you can specify a TA that you wish to use. Even if you don't do a specific cruise booking, they still give you a booking # which is the one they use when you complete the booking by selecting your actual cruise.

That modest OBC credit will be $600 on our May Radiance Hawaii 10 night cruise, that we selected three weeks ago, for us and the four friends/family who are going with us. They are using the two Friends and Family certificates we got as part of our NCP booking for their two cabins thus are getting the same OBC ($200 per cabin) as we are. Early last week just before the final payment, I transferred booking to a TA who is providing us with addition OBCs for each cabin.

Archived