Bannister Island Belize

Mrslou37

Has anyone done the Bannister Island excursion through Carnival? I think it's called "Private Island Beach Day" or something. If so, are beach chairs included in the price? Their website doesn't say anything about beach chairs.

Thanks!!

We've hired a private boat/captain to take us to Banister Island and to do a little snorkling next week. It sounds like an excellent island and a great trip...we're really looking forward to it. He has offered to also take us to see the manatees....but we've seen them in Florida and I'm not sure if we'd rather stay on the island or do more snorkling.....at any rate it will be up to us...the boat is ours for five hours.

Since I've got two little ones (3&4 years old) as well as teenagers we wanted the flexibility to adjust the schedule.....

I'll report back.

Judy

Has anyone done the Bannister Island excursion through Carnival? I think it's called "Private Island Beach Day" or something. If so, are beach chairs included in the price? Their website doesn't say anything about beach chairs.

Thanks!!

Yes they are and there is a lot of them

Complimentary use of volley ball, Frisbees and catch ball are included.

Only kayaking, paddle boats, power boats are at an additional charge.

Hey everyone! We just came back on the Glory from Bannister Island! We loved the island. Seemed as though there were plenty of chairs and equipment. One tip is NOT TO RELY on the FOOD THERE if you want a snack....They are small and if there are a number of tours...They are very very slow too.

Not their fault...Just too much for one snack shack to handle. The bar on the other hand was great at getting the drinks out. The island is beautiful...Had volleyball too. Could have stayed maybe an hour less though. Though I loved relaxing...Our CARNIVAL TENDER took us right from our ship to the island and then back. By the time we got back to the ship...THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH TIME TO go to BELIZE CITY to just see what it was like. So we never saw it. Even though I hear there is not a ton there.....I kinda feel like I did not get to see the REAL PART of BELIZE as we were just on a small beautiful private island. We enjoyed it....Just wish we had a bit more time.

• 2 weeks later...

We also just went through Glory. We had a ton of people with us that had gone to the city earlier that morning. We have been twice now to Bannister and love it!! I agree with everything mentioned above. We've had great service with food & drinks, waitress will bring it to your chair if you want. Hubby did snorkel from there, $20 for an hour. He reports there are fish, it was fun, but not the best snorkeling he's done. They mentioned it when we arrived and he told the guy he wanted to go out, so the guy came and got him from his chair when they were ready to go out.

Also have $1 a minute massage, good price!

Love, love, love the little island!

Blog about it:

tannerlife.blogspot.com

April -08

Nov-06

You can leave more questions there if you want.

my wife and i used coral breeze during our 2007 cruise and will use them again this summer. we loved bannister island. we did not see any manatees but it was not due to lack of effort. we will go to shark alley this year.

We also just went through Glory. We had a ton of people with us that had gone to the city earlier that morning. We have been twice now to Bannister and love it!! I agree with everything mentioned above. We've had great service with food & drinks, waitress will bring it to your chair if you want. Hubby did snorkel from there, $20 for an hour. He reports there are fish, it was fun, but not the best snorkeling he's done. They mentioned it when we arrived and he told the guy he wanted to go out, so the guy came and got him from his chair when they were ready to go out.

Also have $1 a minute massage, good price!

Love, love, love the little island!

Blog about it:

tannerlife.blogspot.com

April -08

Nov-06

You can leave more questions there if you want.

We'll be on the Glory in June and are planning this excursion. We would love to go ashore first to do a little shopping, but don't know if we'll have time. I noticed that someone said they left at 10:30 am. Was this true for you? Thanks for your help.

• 10 months later...

The Most beautiful Island EVER!!! You must visit if you are in Belize!!! The water is spectacular and the drink although a bit pricey hit the spot in the sun ;) We were there for Thanksgiving 2008 and can not wait to get back there! JuJu the monkey was so cute. Kayaks are awesome way to see the beauty of the island! The reef is only a mile away so if you can get out and snorkle YOU SHOULD! Don't miss this island get away there is really NOTHING to see in Belize City all the tourist crap and high priced jewlery. This is THE PLACE to be Bannister Caye Belize...............

IMG_8711.jpg.d7effc99c4ad6c83c1ae512e562575ac.jpg

IMG_8792.jpg.2ba3ab7fc34843d584a87c831e711721.jpg

IMG_8867.jpg.f9b7954784994d937a1efd04feacdcb2.jpg

IMG_9004.jpg.08388cc695d89e5244623e757de36c0c.jpg

IMG_8901.jpg.5596b0e35d7607a71ca4d06d47e5349d.jpg

We went to Bannister Island March 4. We were on the NCL Sun. We chose to go through Coral Breezes because it allowed us to have some time to shop around the port before heading back to the ship. We also got to see manatee which was really neat. The island itself was so beautiful! We took a kayak around the island. My husband had some lunch of chicken that he said was delicous. I would highly recommend coral breezes. They take good care of you and make sure you are back at port in plenty of time to catch the tender to the ship. We had time to shop and have a drink before going back to the ship. It was a great day for us!

Hi Blue Hen, When you went with coral Breeze which tour did you take? We are interested in the beach, snorkeling and manatee one but we were also interested in having the oportunity to kayak for awhile. Could you tell me which tour you took and how you were able to get the Kayaks and if you did rent them do you remember how much?

Thank you much for any info

Nadine

I've heard they are no longer offering it........it was offered on my cruise and has disappeared also

http://www.ecotoursbelize.com/snorkeling.html#gallows_reef

This is the only company I have found so far that offers just Bannister Island without snorkeling

$35 adults $25 kids

Remember you would have to tender first and then meet the company to board their boat.

Karen

We are traveling in June and I see a RCCL beach break excursion ($42). Is to to Bannister Island? If so, what is the additional fee for snorkeling from Bannister? I've visited the website, but there are no charges listed.

Just got off the Legend on Sunday. Bannister Island is closed because of a murder (see other thread on this). We went to Spanish Lookout beach with a tour company (Fabtours) and would not recommend it. more of a lagoon than a beach.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked through ecotours, since Carnival doesn't offer this any longer, for May 28th. Can anyone advise if bugspray is needed. This appears to be excactly what we are looking for since we will have our twin 7 y/o's with us. Any advice is greatly appreciated!! :)