CD Andrea Has Left the Company

Mr. Bill CEO

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news but my agency learned today from our Azamara/Celebrity busines development manager that Andrea Olivieri, probably one of the best Cruise Directors I have had the pleasure of working with has left the company and won't be with us on our presidents cruise on the 3/22/08 Journey.

I am sure that we all wish him well in his future endeavors. He is a real gem!

Mr. Bill CEO

Mr. Bill CEO,

What sad news this is about Andrea. :( He was truly one of the best CD's we ever met. What a loss to Azamara. We had the pleasure of sailing with him to South America in November. Is it possible that Andrea is changing cruise lines? Whatever he decides to do, I'm sure he will be very successful.

Hi Mr Bill CEO !

That is disappointing news. We had the pleasure of sailing with Andrea on the Quest Inauguaral sailings. I thought Andrea did a great job, and was extremely personable. I am very surprised to hear he has left Azamara, as he truly seemed to be enjoying himself.

I hope Andrea will check in with us, but if not, I wish him all the best in the future. I have no doubt Andrea will be a success, whatever he decides to do.

As Andrea would say.... "Ciao Ciao" my friend !

This is not surprising. Andrea has an undergraduate degree in chemical engineering, and has recently received an MBA from USC. He is also fluent in 7 languages.

I think he loved the cruise line experience. My guess, however, is that this job may have been a fun thing to do before he starts his real career. This is only a guess.

Vivian

I am also sorry that Andrea has left, since he was absolutely the best cruise director on any cruise I've been on. In fact, he has been the only one I remember by name, so that tells something.

I can understand his wanting a different career with all the skills and credentials he has. But just in case he has only switched cruise lines, I would appreciate knowing where he is, because if that cruise had an interesting itinerary I would book it in a New York minute.

-Judith

Archived