4-day vs 7-day

Swimfly

Our original reservation for a 4-night Bahama cruise on the Wonder was canceled due to dry dock changes. The plan was to celebrate DH's 31st and my 30th birthday on a Disney cruise. Now, I'm debating whether to give up on the whole Disney cruise thing or rebook for the Disney 7-night eastern Caribbean. We will be taking an RCI 8-night eastern Caribbean cruise in December 08. Would this be too redundant? Is it worth the extra money for the 7-night cruise?

TIA (Thanks in advance)

we took the 4 night cruise on Disney as our 1st cruise...it was a blast...but I am not sure I would do a 7 day Disney cruise simply for cost reasons...you can get so much more for the same cost on RC. True you wont get the Disney touch but I would stick with the one RC E. Carib cruise...

I am a huge disney fan so I would do the 7 day eastern. it has so much more to do than the 4 day, you wont be disappointed.

even with a different 7 day Eastern in December it wont be redundant, just do totally different excursions. or explore on your own on one trip and do an excursion the 2nd time. it will feel like an entirely new place. There is way too much to see on only one time there anyway.

On one trip go to St. Johns island instead of St. Thomas. It is a beautiful place to see and you will actually be seeing a new island on that trip.

we have been on several Eastern cruises and we just rotate excursions so it feels like a whole new experience each time.

Have fun what ever you decide.

mom x4,grandma x4

Mickey,

We were also booked for 4 night land/3 sea on Sept 27th and what DCL ONLY offered was a same rate lock if we re-booked for another date. We opted to change our reservation to a 7 night Eastern route for the same price as a land/sea option (Cat 5). With 7 night we are saving on a dinning plan which would of costed us addt $560 (deluxe dinning plan) which I can now spend on a spa treatment, excursions, nursery, etc. I am very happy with our new choice. This is our 1st Disney cruise because of my DD (2), but I love/preffer RCCL (Freedom ships).

Disney didn't offer any incentives except to rebook with the same price. I was shocked because the cruises they provided as alternatives were actually cheaper. So, TA provided some incentives if we switched to a 7-night. We're going to do the 7-night. We decided that we would spend the same 3k on a trip to Disneyland once we included air, hotel, park tickets, dining, etc. The three days at sea convinced DH. He likes lounging around in the sun by the pool with a beer.

My husband and I did the 4 dayWonder cruise with our daughters and loved it. It was our third cruise their first. We all wanted to go back for the 7 day as 4 wasn't long enough. With the first day half gone by boarding, drills, etc. and the fourth day ending at 7:30 am., it really is short. The seven day gives you time to enjoy the ship and have sea days. Can't coment on the Eastern itinerary as we did the Western.

Hope you enjoy it!

Archived